You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Featured News JCU hits 'em for six
JCU hits 'em for six
JCU hits ‘em for six
James Cook University is again toasting its success, winning a clean sweep of national teaching and learning awards.
JCU is one of two Australian universities to win all of the six possible Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning.
The Deputy Vice Chancellor for the Division of Academic and Student Life, Professor Sally Kift said it’s an outstanding result for JCU to receive the maximum number of awards.
"It highlights the passion, commitment and excellence of our dedicated teaching staff and confirms JCU's leadership position in the sector in learning and teaching.”
The Office for Learning and Teaching awards the citations to recognise excellence in teaching and outstanding contributions to student learning. Details of the citations and winners are below.
"These national Citations recognise and reward the impact that each of our dedicated teachers has had both in their discipline and on our students' experience of their learning. The Citations showcase our many new and exceptionally innovative approaches to learning and teaching,” Professor Kift said.
The Citations come just weeks after JCU again scored strong results in an authoritative ranking of global universities, as well as Australia’s Good Universities Guide.
Professor Kift has congratulated all of the Citation winners and thanked them for their outstanding contributions to students' learning.
“Our students deserve the best possible learning environments and these awards demonstrate that across our JCU campuses and disciplines - in this instance, ranging across science, teacher education, creative arts, multi-media journalism, maths and medicine - students are getting the best of the educational opportunities available in Australia."
Each of the winners receives $10,000 and will be presented with their Citations at a ceremony in Brisbane on September 29th.
Photos of the winners are attached.
Citation and Winner Details:
Dr Lisa Chilton, Dr Suzy Munns and Dr Donna Rudd
For Demand evidence and think critically: building research excellence in tomorrow's scientists.
Dr Louisa Tomas Engel
For enabling diverse teacher education cohorts to experience profound engagement in science and sustainability through a blended learning approach.
Dr Katja Fleischmann
For One Amongst Many: employing peer learning and teaching to successfully support first year creative arts students' individual creative development in large class environments.
Dr Amelita Forbes
For leadership and excellence in developing and delivering a pioneering WIL-based curriculum in multimedia journalism resulting in highly employable graduates: Wired for Employment.
Maths in Science Teaching, Research and Development Team, Dr Yvette Everingham, Mr Shane Blowes, Professor Sean Connolly, Ms Tanya Doyle, Mr Robin Gilliver, Associate Professor Emma Gyuris, Ms Jennifer Hodge, Professor Rhondda Jones, Mr Patrick Peacock, Professor Peter Ridd, Ms Clair Stark and Mr Justin Sexton
For innovative team-based approaches to enhancing first-year students' engagement, confidence and learning achievement in mathematics—the common language for the natural sciences.
The Intimate Teaching Team, Dr Paula Heggarty, Mr Allan Forde, Dr Don Gamage, Dr Bridget Hartslief, Dr Mangalasiri Parana Hewage, Mrs Kathy Pratt, Dr Roy Rasalam, Mrs Poornima Roche, Dr Max Stewart, Dr Aileen Traves, Dr Deirdre Tweedie and Dr Torres Woolley
For Intimate examinations: facilitating a respectful and authentic approach to learning that creates confidence and competence among diverse medical students.
Richard Davis, Head of Media and Communications, JCU
0413 451 475 / (07) 4781 4822
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture