You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Featured News JCU Singapore awarded the EduTrust Star
JCU Singapore awarded the EduTrust Star
JCU Singapore awarded the EduTrust Star
James Cook University’s Singapore campus has earned the distinction of being the first private education institution to attain an EduTrust Star quality mark from the Singapore Government.
The EduTrust Star is the highest level of quality assurance that can be awarded to a private education institution (PEI) by the Council for Private Education (CPE) under the EduTrust Certification Scheme (EduTrust).
JCU Singapore was awarded the EduTrust Star by the CPE on April 13, 2015.
Dr Dale Anderson, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Head of Singapore Campus said that achieving EduTrust Star status has been a priority of JCU Singapore since this quality assurance scheme was introduced.
“Attaining EduTrust Star had been a long term aim of both JCU Singapore and its parent entity, James Cook University (JCU). The journey toward EduTrust Star has made our organisation a better place. Instilling the high operational standards required of an EduTrust Star institution has certainly benefited JCU Singapore and James Cook University in Australia has also benefited from observing this process,” Dr Anderson said.
“However, it’s our students who have benefited most from this award. All employees of JCU Singapore are mindful that they have to produce a high level of job performance in order to satisfy our main client group, the fee-paying students,” he added.
JCU Vice Chancellor and President, Professor Sandra Harding said achieving EduTrust Star status underscores the high level of commitment on the part of management and staff of JCU Singapore to strengthen the position of the institution as a leading provider of quality education.
“JCU has been committed to building a presence in Singapore since 2003 and sees JCU Singapore as an integral part of James Cook University - one university, two countries, three tropical locations (Singapore, Cairns and Townsville). The University considers the awarding of this quality mark as an important step to further broaden and deepen our commitment to Singapore,” Professor Harding said.
“We knew that attaining the EduTrust Star status was not going to be an easy undertaking. Despite the very stringent EduTrust Star requirements, our team in Singapore has managed to accomplish this remarkable feat,” she added.
There are currently three award types under EduTrust, namely EduTrust Star, EduTrust and EduTrust Provisional. EduTrust Star and EduTrust awards are valid for four years whereas EduTrust Provisional is valid for one year.
The EduTrust Star award is given to PEIs that have excelled in all key areas of management and the provision of quality education services. This mark is also a symbol of recognition for sustained efforts in organisational improvement.
Richard Davis, JCU Head of Media and Communications
(07) 4781 4822 / 0413 451 475
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture