Come one, come all, to JCU’s Open Day
Thousands are expected to head to Open Day at James Cook University in Townsville this Sunday (August 21) to experience a taste of what ‘our university’ has to offer.
The day is a great opportunity to find out more about JCU – whether you are interested in starting, changing or furthering your career or you are simply curious about what is happening 'out at the uni'.
People can get a better idea about courses and career options as well as information about degrees and pathways. With information sessions, advisers on hand, as well as plenty of fun activities and free stuff to collect, Open Day is a great day out for all ages.
This is the one stop shop for general enquiries and information about all things to do with the university. If you’re thinking about university and you’re not sure where to start, you can ask us about entry requirements, applications and more.
Eddie Koiki Mabo Library
Come and visit our state of the art library facilities. Meet Library staff members and take a tour of the facilities.
The Student Association will be there on the day to tell you about the services they provide for first year students, including membership options with great on-campus deals, social sports, gymnasium details, events, food outlets and lots more.
- General campus tours – jump on the free shuttle bus and take a short tour around campus with one of our friendly tour guides
- JCU Fitness Centre tours – see the state of the art fitness equipment and facilities
- Check out the JCU Dental Clinic in the Clinical Practice Building
- Pharmacy – get hands on with making your own lip balm, tour the facilities and speak with staff about where a Pharmacy degree can take you
- Vet Science – tour Vet Science facilities, including our cattle yards, pig pens, anatomy museum, JCU Vet Hospital and much more
Receive advice on student accommodation close to the University campus, or tour the colleges on campus. Jump on one of the free buses near the information tents to be taken to various accommodation facilities.
Date: Sunday, August 21, 2016.
Time: 11am to 3pm.
Location: JCU Townsville campus, Douglas
JCU Media contact: Caroline Kaurila, tel (07) 4781 4586 or 0437 028 175