10 years in a row for JCU graduate job success!
James Cook University has been awarded a five-star rating for graduate employment for the tenth year in row.
The latest edition of The Good Universities Guide, Australia’s authoritative tertiary education guide, has awarded JCU 5 out of 5 stars for graduate employment, ranking it the number one university in Queensland in this category.
JCU is the only Queensland university, and one of only three Australian universities, to receive a five-star rating for graduate employment for the past 10 years in a row.
The five-star rating places JCU in the top 20% of Australian universities whose graduates were employed full-time within four months of graduation.
The Guide also awarded JCU 5 stars for:
- Learner engagement (the proportion of undergraduates who gave a positive assessment of their engagement with learning at their university),
- Social equity (the proportion of domestic students who come from low socioeconomic or disadvantaged backgrounds),
- Skills development (the proportion of undergraduates who rated their skills developed through university positively),
- Student support (proportion of undergraduates who rated student support at their university positively), and
- Postgraduate starting salary (the median starting salary for graduates employed full-time four months after completing their degrees).
JCU Vice Chancellor Professor Sandra Harding said the Good Universities Guide confirms the University’s graduates continue to be in demand.
“JCU provides its students with a high-quality education and very strong career prospects, and it’s wonderful to see that our graduates continue to be highly sought after,” she said.
“To be one of only three universities in Australia to receive a five-star rating for graduate employment for the past 10 years is a great achievement, and confirms JCU’s strong performance in teaching and research.”