A defining feature of JCU is its tropical location and its research excellence in disciplines of particular relevance to the tropics.
As a comprehensive university in the tropics, JCU is well placed to foster cross-disciplinary collaborations to meet these challenges.
Research news from JCU
- JCU joins forces with US Special Ops Command
JCU researchers have teamed up with US Special Operations Command to develop a life-saving drug for soldiers.
- Finding out why your kid’s tummy bug might be a bit fishy
A ground breaking study by JCU will examine how and why children develop seafood allergies.
- State of the Tropics in the running for top green award
The landmark State of the Tropics project is in the running for a prestigious sustainability prize, emerging as a finalist for one of the coveted Green Gown Awards.
- What about our way of life? Exploring the social impacts of tourism
North Queensland residents feel proud of tourism destinations in their areas and the positive impact tourism has in their communities, but it can also lead to locals feeling detached when transient populations pass through.
- Nemo’s Epic Journey to Find a New Home
New research has found clownfish larvae can swim up to 400 kilometres in search of a home, which makes them better able to cope with environmental change.