Division of Research and Innovation
The Division of Research and Innovation is one of JCU's three service divisions.
We play a pivotal role in the University by providing leadership to the direction of research, developing and implementing research policy, identifying and fostering research strength, and promoting and coordinating collaboration with government, industry, publicly funded research agencies and universities.
The Division has a broad remit to support JCU's scholarly research activities. It provides a wide range of research administration services to academic and research staff, including:
- Administering research education and training
- Managing the commercialisation of research
- Delivering and supporting research infrastructure
- Providing performance analysis to Colleges and other Divisions
- Supporting research centres and institutes
- Policy formulation, and
- Providing strategic direction and leadership to JCU research and research education.
JCU is committed to providing shape and direction to our research by aligning to four major themes:
- Tropical Ecosystems, Conservation and Climate Change
- Industries and Economies in the Tropics
- Peoples and Societies in the Tropics
- Tropical Health, Medicine and Biosecurity