The Graduate Research School, or GRS, ensures consistent policy across all faculties in the administration of research higher degree programs at JCU. JCU presently has an enrolment of almost 800 research higher degree candidates, thirty percent of which are international students. Research higher degree candidates represent around five percent of JCU's total student enrolments.
Go straight to...
- Research Degree Scholarships
- StatsHelp Program for access to qualified statisticians for JCU staff and students
- eGRS for access to workshop files, video recordings and to safely manage and store research data
- CareerHub for self-managed workshop and event registrations
- LearnJCU for self-managed online modules as outlined in the Research Skills Program
- View the JCU Register of Advisors
- List of Postgraduate Liaison Officers (PLOs)
- List of Research Student Monitors (RSMs)
About the GRS
JCU Research News
- AITHM research growing in Cairns
Research facilities at James Cook University in Cairns are set to expand, with plans for a new research building for the Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine (AITHM) as well as a refit of some existing research facilities.
- JCU helps revitalise Townsville’s CBD
JCU is expanding into Townsville's CBD, opening a teaching and student services centre in the heart of the city.
Community power 'can rescue fish stocks
Traditional community-run marine reserves and fisheries can play a big role in helping to restore and maintain fish numbers in stressed developing nations' coral reef fisheries.