The TropINTERN program is JCU's HDR Internship program. It is very flexible in terms of internship duration and financial arrangement, but with the structure behind it to ensure success. It is a research project based internship in which a proposal and report along with presentation are expected by the candidate.
Internships can be anywhere between 30 days to six months and can be paid or unpaid. Stipend opportunities maybe available. The TropIntern Program is open to approved HDR candidates from any discipline. Unless otherwise stated, internships are open to International and Domestic candidates enrolled in a PhD or MPhil program.
How do I find an internship placement?
There are three ways that a internship is usually developed. The first is the main way internships are sourced and we encourage candidates to self source their own internships.
- HDR student or supervisor have idea for specific research project with a certain Industry Partner
- HDR student or supervisor are interested in Internship without having a specific project in mind
- Industry Partner has available research projects and would like to find Intern
What forms do I need to fill out?
Before you start : Project plan and approval form
When you finish your internship: Internship completion acknowledgement form
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
APR.Intern is the only national all sector – all discipline internship program placing PhD students into industry.
A not-for-profit program, APR.Intern provides PhD students with the opportunity to apply their research expertise to a short-term 3-6 month project, whilst gaining invaluable experience in an industry setting.
NEW CHANGES TO APR INTERN PROGRAM 2021:
APR. Intern’s Australian Government grant period has come to a close and they are in discussions about transitioning to a new version of the program in 2022.
For now, APR Intern is currently still operating without the Federal Government grant. Candidates will continue to receive a $3,000 monthly stipend for the duration of their internship until further notice.
Businesses in the following sectors may be eligible for subsidies through our funding partnerships, with more to be announced:
- Defence: Up to $10,000 in funding support
- Food & Agribusiness: Up to $5,000 in funding support
- Manufacturing: Up to $7,500 in funding support
- MedTech, BioTech & Pharma: Up to $10,000 funding support
How do I apply for the APR Intern program?
(1) Applying for an advertised internship position
(2) Submitting an application with a specific industry partner
If you already know who you want to do your internship with and you have discussed this opportunity with your industry partner,
you can submit a general application. Please fill out an EOI here and APR intern will get in touch.