You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Pathways to University Maths and chemistry preparatory and bridging subjects
Maths and chemistry preparatory and bridging subjects
Many health science and science courses have prerequisites of Queensland Year 12 Chemistry and/or Maths, in addition to the requirement of Queensland Year 12 English. For those applicants who have not completed these Queensland Year 12 subjects or their equivalents, JCU offers the following bridging subjects at the Cairns and Townsville campuses.
Applicants can enrol into the following subjects as:
- Part of a JCU undergraduate degree (e.g. Bachelor of Science)
- Part of a JCU Diploma of Higher Education, or
- A JCU non-award applicant (PDF, 260 KB) (Commonwealth supported places are not available to miscellaneous applicants, and tuition fees apply).
MA1020 Preparatory Maths
This subject is designed for students who do not have a Sound Achievement or better in Queensland Year 12 Maths B or equivalent, and who require Maths B as a prerequisite for their degree course.
CH1020 Preparatory Chemistry
This subject is designed for students who do not have a Sound Achievement or better in Queensland Year 12 Chemistry or their equivalents, and who require this as a prerequisite for their chosen degree course.