Salary Packaging Program
JCU's Salary Packaging Program affords JCU staff members the benefits of salary sacrifice and flexible remuneration. Find out more about the Salary Packaging Program.
JCU may grant assistance towards the travel expenses for new staff members and their families to move to the city where they will be located for their work. See JCU's Relocation Assistance Policy and Procedure for further information.
Training and Development
A wide variety of staff training and development opportunities are available to JCU staff members. These include courses in project management and resilience in the workplace and New Professor Grants.
JCU recognises the importance of investing in its staff and through this Agreement aims to support JCU as an Employer of Choice by:
- Supporting a culture of performance, innovation and continuous improvement which recognises and rewards high performance;
- Providing the opportunity for staff to develop their skills to effectively perform their roles and develop their careers;
- Allowing JCU to manage flexibly and responsibly to meet the challenges of the future;
- Streamlining and simplifying conditions of employment;
- Increasing organisational productivity and efficiency;
- Minimising unnecessary prescription and support costs;
- Supporting an environmentally friendly workplace; and
- Maintaining a safe and healthy working environment and workplace free of bullying and harassment.
Click here for the JCU's full Enterprise Agreement (PDF, 1370 KB).
JCU understands the opportunity for career progression is a key factor in deciding where to work and has a number of key programs in place to help staff reach their full potential.
These include the Academic Promotion Procedure (PDF, 390 KB), which applies to academic and doctoral qualified research staff members who are covered by the current JCU Enterprise Agreement, and Vice Chancellor's Awards.