Volunteering, Publishing, webinars Opportunities
- The registration page is now open for the 2022 Environmental Biosecurity Webinar Series – ‘Prevent. Detect. Respond Protect.
- ANZOR Japan - Pathways to Japan event. On February 28th, ANZOR Japan is hosting a webinar to promote Japan as a career destination for Australian early career researchers.
- CAFNEC is recruiting new Core Trainers. It's a volunteer position and ideal opportunity for you who has a passion for working with people and environment organisations. Visit their website for more information.
- We are seeking volunteers to help us save the tropical forests! Millions of kilometres of new roads are set to be built in crucial biodiversity hotspots and carbon sinks all around the globe. Only half of roads are included in existing roadmaps. We need your help to document unmapped roads and contribute to vital conservation work. Contact us to know more
- The Proceedings (Proceeding of the Royal Society of Queensland) journal is seeking for anything Queensland-focused work to consider publish with them. The journal publishes abstracts of completed dissertations.
Scholarships, Training and Job Opportunities
- Entomology casual position: sugar Research Australia is currently looking for 1-2 paid casual assistants to work 2-5 days per week on two applied entomology research projects for May-June. The work will involve laboratory and field based work and will include bio-and chemical screening for cane grub control, field monitoring and identification of invertebrates. For further information contact Dr Kevin Powell SRA on email@example.com at SRA Meringa office
- ABC TOP 5 media residency. ABC is seeking for Australia’s next generation of research talent across Science, the Humanities, and the Arts. Applications open Friday 29th April 2022 and closes Tuesday 31st May 2022 midnight (AEST). Click here for more information.
- Postdoc position at Norwegian Research Council project: “GreenPlan: Launching the Norwegian Green Infrastructure Network and new decision-support tools for Land Prioritization, Scenario and Impact assessment”. See details and apply here
- The Climate and Land Use Alliance (CLUA) seeks a new Director of Programs (DoP). To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible.
- Women in Science 2022- L'Oreal Foundation. Australia and New Zealand For Women in Science Fellowship. Applicants no longer need to be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand to be eligible. Apply here for the L’Oréal For Women in Science Fellowships. 25K grants for #womeninscience
- FLYFARM Brisbane is seeking for a Biologist/bio-Technician to start immediately. If you are interested in applying for the role, please submit your application including a detailed cover letter and resume.For a confidential discussion, call Claire Nock on +61 (0)411 294 118. Start date immediate.
- Ecologist faculty positions at the University of Montana. 1)Quantitative Ecologist at the University of Montana: http://bit.ly/3200umjobs 2) Applied Ecologist with with the Montana Cooperative Wildlife Research Unit ( https://www.usajobs.gov/job/631244900 ). These are fantastic positions where the successful candidate will be a US federal employee (USGS) housed at the University of Montana (and interacting with faculty in Wildlife Biology, Ecology & Evolution, or both), and collaborating with the state agency responsible for wildlife management (Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks). There is no teaching, excellent pay, and the chance to do both basic and applied research with a diversity of collaborators and partners.
- CSIRO PhD top-up scholarship. Modelling the Great Southern Reef.
- Post-Doc in Quantitative Wildlife Ecology. The successful applicant will be based in the UQ School of Biological Sciences and work with the UQ Centre for Biodiversity and Conservation Science to start March 2022 (flexible). Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, CV and three referees to email@example.com
- AgriFutures Horizon Scholarship applications open today. Applications close Friday, 14 January 2022 at midnight AEDT. Shortlisted applicants must be available for a telephone interview in February 2022, and scholarship winners will be announced in April 2022. Visit the AgriFutures site for more information and to apply.
- Call for applications for MSc, Ma, PhD at UBC in Resources, Environmental and Sustainability. Second set of opportunities. Click here for more information.
- Assistant Professor (tenure track) in Human Dimension of Biodiversity Conservation. This will be a joint position in the Institute for Resources, Environment, and Sustainability (IRES) in the Faculty of Science (www.ires.ubc.ca) and the Food and Resource Economics Program (FRE) in the Faculty of Land and Food Systems (http://fre.landfood.ubc.ca/). The anticipated start date is July 1, 2022. More information click here.
- Earth Institute (Columbia University). Two-year program is open to innovative postdoctoral scholars - postdoctoral research program in sustainable development.
- The Morton Arboretum is hiring a Tree Conservation Postdoctoral Researcher. The position is intended for 24 months with potential for extension. Please see the full Job Description attached. To apply visit: https://mortonarb.org/join-support/employment/. Questions? contact Dr. Silvia Alvarez-Clare (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- IKERBASQUE has launched a new international call to hire 10 permanent researchers! Take a look here
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) is recruiting 400 regular faculty in the next 4 years in all research areas, in addition to over 100 new regular faculty - Hong Kong campus. More information here
- Fantastic opportunities for training: 2021 University Vacation Employment Program (UVEP) More info here
- QDAF is looking for up to 7 staff (18 months, FT casual) for fruit fly work at Redden St and preferrable experience in classical entomology training. For more details contact Peter.Leach@daf.qld.gov.au
- Postdoctoral research program in sustainable development. The Earth Institute at Columbia University in New York, NY, seeks applications from innovative, doctoral candidates or recent PhD, M.D., J.D., or Sc.D. recipients (within 5 years of degree receipt) interested in a broad range of issues in sustainable development. The Institute is especially interested in qualified candidates from historically underrepresented groups for its Diversity Fellowships
- Post-doctoral fellowship program, funded by the Forrest Research Foundation is open! Australian and New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents who have completed their PhD on or after 1 January 2019 are eligible to apply. Check out here.
- PhD Scholarships in Zoology and Ecology Available at James Cook University in Cairns and Townsville. Check these fantastic opportunities to study at JCU. Here are some great examples to start your search:
- Career opportunities at the Australian Wildlife Conservancy.
The College of Science and Engineering is one of the 6 Colleges of JCU and is the home of JCU's expertise in Marine Biology, Zoology, Aquaculture, Engineering, Physical Sciences, Earth Science, and Environmental Management, which forms a strong grouping, uniquely placed to tackle the grand challenges facing the world, both fundamental research and application.
Zoology and Ecology emphasises a diverse range of intellectual disciplines including zoology, ecology, botany, behaviour and evolutionary biology, within a diverse range of terrestrial habitats. The program provides graduates with the skills required to observe, explore and understand the biological world in all its diversity. Build your zoology and ecology tool-kit at James Cook University (JCU), join the scientific community, and make a global impact
- Global Imaging Spectroscopy Futures Post Doctoral
- Research Assistant Program Enrolment Open Now
- Cape York Natural Resource Management: Biodiversity Project Officer (fixed term until 30 July 2023, full-time position)
- Earth Institute Postdoctoral Research Program in Sustainable Development (email@example.com)
JCU Connect - Opening doors to opportunity. A single point of contact for researchers, potential partners and research commercialisation.
Grants, Proposals and Awards
- ALA Australia Biodiversity Data Mobilisation Program. A grant program to support people and institutions to make their biodiversity data more accessible. Apply now (closes 11 April 2022)
- Grant opportunity specifically for Christmas Island and Coco-Keeling Islands to support Marine Park management. You can apply for small (<$50K) or large (50K-500K) grants up to 3yrs duration. Total budget available is $2.2M. For more information click here.
- ClimateLaunchpad is back in 2022! Applications open now. Applications close 22 April 2022, and the whole program is completely free to participate. ClimateLaunchpad competition
- Rainforest Rescue Calling all photographers! You're invited to enter your best photographs of the planet's rainforests into the 2022 Canopy Awards. Entries will be open March 1st to 31st, with announcements following in May 2022.
- Crawford Fund - the Queensland Committee offers small number of International Engagement Awards (up to $12,000 ea) to enable Queensland scientists to offer mentoring and training to scientists in developing countries in our region who are working on various aspects of food and nutrition security. Applications for the 2022 Crawford-in-QLD International Engagement Awards close on Friday 15 April 2022
- Queensland Women in STEM Prize - Applications Open - 2022 Queensland Women in STEM Prize. A prize pool of $15,000 is on offer for outstanding female role models. Anyone working or studying in a STEM field for less than 12 years is eligible to apply. To enter, applicants are required to provide a written application and a two-minute video. Applications close on the 1 April 2022, at 4:00 PM (AEST).
- Collaborate Pacific aims to support effective governance, leadership, regional cooperation, and sustainable development in the Pacific - for those with strong collaboration in the South Pacific. A fund for one-off small scale studies.
- Call for Applications for Grants from the Australian Flora Foundation. The Foundation expects to support between two and four projects under both programs in 2023 with possible extension into 2024, and for Malcolm Reed grants into 2025. Further details can be found here, Information about the Foundation, and examples of grants awarded and their outcomes can be found here.
- Explorer Connect. National Geographic Grants Program. Applications close November 18, 2021. More information click here.
- Threatened Species Strategy’s Action Plan 2021-2026 - The Minister has announced the $10 million grants opportunity to support action on the ground to recover these priority species. More information click here.
- Plastic Pollution Research. Click here for more information
- Grants up to $20k for engaging citizen science of general public. Click here for more information.
- Landcare-funded Grants for Land & Habitat Rehabilitation. More information click hereClimateLaunchpad excited to introduce the ClimateLaunchpad 2021 National Finalists: Allegro Energy , Australian Circular , Sucoil, Whirl & Woodify. They have an amazing $50,000 development grant prize to give to one of the finalist teams at the national final, thanks to Humanitech. Plus, other prizes, fun times and excitement. The ClimateLaunchpad Australian National Pitch final will be held (digitally) on August 27th, 5.30pm AEST. Please register here!
- Horizon Europe Launch in Australia & New Zealand is an European Union’s key funding programme for research and innovation with a budget of €95.5 billion for the period of 2021-2027. Who should attend? Researchers of any nationality & discipline are welcome to join. The event is targeted at PhD candidates, Postdoctoral & established researchers, university research support offices, other research institutions, and business & industry actors. More detail here
- The Capstone Editing Grant for Mid-Career Researchers. The grant for mid-career researchers. The grant provides A$5,000 for one researcher per year to assist with covering the cost of undertaking an innovative research project. Application closes on 24 Feb, 2022.
- Destination Australia Program 2022 (Round 3) - open for applications (close at 9PM, AEST on 15 June 2021)
- Crawford Funds: Each year, the Queensland Committee of the Crawford Fund offers a small number of International Engagement Awards (up to $12,000 annually) to enable Queensland scientists to offer mentoring and training to scientists in developing countries in our region who are working on various aspects of food and nutrition security.
- Applications for ClimateLaunchpad are open now, until April 22. Apply here.– the world’s largest cleantech and green business ideas competition, taking place in over 50 countries this year.
- The Drought and Climate Adaptation Program (DCAP) is seeking applications for funding of research, development or extension projects related to emissions reduction in the agricultural sector in Queensland. DCAP Emissions Reduction funding will fund projects up to $150,000 within a total funding allocation of $250,000, for projects running up to one year. Projects must be completed by 30 June 2022. Unless otherwise negotiated, projects should demonstrate collaboration between research and industry organisations, and/or natural resource management organisations, at least one of which must be Queensland-based and the project lead. Projects should be submitted for consideration by the assessment panel by COB April 28 2021. All applications should be marked ‘DCAP Emissions Reduction’ and submitted to the DCAP Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- UP to $20,000 for producer groups to boost on-farm technology adoption - applications close Thursday, 22 April 2021. submission at Smartygrants website, To find out more about the program, click here.
- Free green business commercialisation pre-accelerator program and competition - CLIMATE LAUNCHPAD -The world's largest cleantech and green business. Applications open now until April 22. Apply here.
- Koala Applied Research South East Queensland grants now open for Round 4. Grants of up to $100,000 (ex GST) are available for eligible recipients. Program guidelines and application details:Queensland Government website. For more information email to: email@example.com
- Morris Animal Foundation announces calls for proposals to study fire-related injuries in Australian wildlife