CMT Students and Scholarships
Students and Scholarships
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Why join us?
JCU is Australia’s leading tropical research university. It is dedicated to teaching and research excellence in disciplines of particular relevance to the tropics, and consistently ranks above world standard in medical microbiology and research related to molecular therapeutics in the Australian Government's Excellence in Research Assessment (ERA).
Information for Students
Our students come from all over the world to undertake their studies in internationally competitive research laboratories in a unique location bordered by two UNESCO World Heritage areas, the Great Barrier Reef and the Wet tropics rainforests of Northern Queensland, and tropical savannahs.
Students can enrol in research-based Doctorate, Masters or Honours degrees.
Shared supervision and development of multi-disciplinary projects facilitate ready access to expertise and equipment across a diverse range of disciplines.
Postgraduate students are part of CTM and their JCU College but also part of a broader Graduate Research School at JCU that ensures high quality outcomes while equipping students with a range of professional skills. Students within the JCU Division of Tropical Health and Medicine can participate in the Cohort Doctoral Studies Program , which is designed to nurture doctoral students through their studies by providing workshops, seminars, coursework, peer learning facilitation and writing workshops. PhD students may also take advantage of specific internships to expand their skills, such as an industry partnership.
Find out more information about International Students here.