Study at JCU
Would you like to learn more about Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology?
As part of an undergraduate degree at JCU you have the ability to discover new and exciting areas of interest.
Some of the courses offered:
- BM1000 - Introductory Biochemistry and Microbiology
- BC2023 - Molecular Genetics
- BC3202 - Special Topics in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- BC3203 - Bioinformatics
Interested in Postgraduate Studies?
Interested students can enrol in research-based Doctorate, Masters or Honours degrees.
Postgraduate students are part of the Graduate Research School that ensures high quality outcomes while equipping students with a range of professional skills. They also become members of the CTBMB and their JCU College which includes:
Bioinformatics and molecular biology is a multi-disciplinary field with researchers coming from all areas. Our members are part of the following research centers and institutes:
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine (AITHM)
- Centre for Sustainable Tropical Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Centre for Tropical Environmental and Sustainability Sciences (TESS)
Why join JCU?
JCU is Australia’s leading tropical research university. It is dedicated to teaching and research excellence in disciplines of particular relevance to the tropics. For more information about what sets us apart visit Why JCU?