Hands-on skills for success
Student placements, projects and fieldwork give you authentic, valuable practical experience; they are your link between learning and work. You will expand your networks and gain transferable skills that are valued locally and globally.
You need experience and a strong resume to succeed in today’s complex jobs market, and a hands-on placement with one of JCU’s clinical, industry, business or community partners is the best way to develop your employability profile.
Placements, fieldwork and projects give you the real-world skills that employers are looking for, and that’s why our students are in high demand. JCU has a five-star rating for graduate job prospects - this is because we help you develop essential transferable skills alongside the practical skills and knowledge needed in your chosen career.
Get set for success:
Practical skills and knowledge
- Expand your knowledge and apply theory into real-life situations
- Meet the professional requirements of your degree
- Understand workplace culture and expectations
- Develop new skills
- Improve your educational experience
- Grow your networks and contacts
- Build your employability portfolio
Essential transferable skills for the future
- Communication and negotiation
- Creativity, resourcefulness and innovation
- Leadership, teamwork and collaboration
- Digital literacy and capability
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Problem solving and decision-making
- Organisation, prioritisation, and time management
- Emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility, resilience and adaptability
(References: The Future of Jobs Report 2018, The Future of Work Jobs and Skills in 2030, The Future of Work in Australia)