Scholarships, Training and Job Opportunities
- Graham Harrington Research Scholarship - Students engaged in or about to start projects related to birds in Northen Queensland welcome to apply by Friday, March 26. Applications require the support of the student's supervisor. The successful candidate/s will be advised by Friday, April 16. Email: email@example.com. More here
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) is recruiting 400 regular faculty in the next 4 years in all research areas, in addition to over 100 new regular faculty - Hong Kong campus. More information here
- Moreton Bay Regional Council (MBRC) is inviting you to respond to a Request For Quote (RFQ) for an upcoming consultancy project. Summary:
1.A peer review of the current version of the methodology and criteria developed for use in the implementation of the MBRC Land Buyback Program. The methodology and criteria have been developed to satisfy the intent and purpose of the MBRC Land Buyback Program for Environmental Purposes Policy: 2150-118
2.Recommending a version of the methodology and criteria that can be used in a Moreton Bay Region wide GIS assessment.
3.Conducting a Moreton Bay Region wide GIS assessment using the recommended methodology and criteria.
The goal of the work is to rank each property within the Moreton Bay Region in terms of priority for acquisition through the Land Buyback Program and express the results in a GIS mapping and dataset product.
The project is expected to commence in January 2021 and conclude by May 2021. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fieldwork in humid, tropical conditions – a relevant degree would also be helpful) email@example.com
- Fantastic opportunities for training: 2021 University Vacation Employment Program (UVEP) More info here
- QDAF is looking for up to 7 staff (18 months, FT casual) for fruit fly work at Redden St and preferrable experience in classical entomology training. For more details contact Peter.Leach@daf.qld.gov.au
- Postdoctoral research program in sustainable development. The Earth Institute at Columbia University in New York, NY, seeks applications from innovative, doctoral candidates or recent PhD, M.D., J.D., or Sc.D. recipients (within 5 years of degree receipt) interested in a broad range of issues in sustainable development. The Institute is especially interested in qualified candidates from historically underrepresented groups for its Diversity Fellowships
- We are seeking volunteers to help us save the tropical forests! Millions of kilometres of new roads are set to be built in crucial biodiversity hotspots and carbon sinks all around the globe. Only half of roads are included in existing roadmaps. We need your help to document unmapped roads and contribute to vital conservation work. Contact us to know more!
- Postdoc in SE Asian Wildlife Ecology (Singapore) - Matthew Luskin and The Ecological Cascades Lab (University of Queensland) invite applicants for a postdoc based in Singapore, in collaboration with Prof David Wardle at Nanyang Technological University. The successful candidate is expected to start in December 2020 or January 2021. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, full CV and names and contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating subject line: Research Fellow – Wildlife ecology – LAST NAME
- CSIRO Oceans & Atmosphere has announced three PhD Top-Up Scholarships. Click here for more details.
Scholarships include $7,000 per annum, plus a generous operating budget of $10,000 per annum. Closing date is 31 October 2020.
- Post-doctoral fellowship program, funded by the Forrest Research Foundation is open! Australian and New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents who have completed their PhD on or after 1 January 2019 are eligible to apply. Check out here.
- PhD Scholarships in Zoology and Ecology Available at James Cook University in Cairns and Townsville. Click here and check these fantastic opportunities to study at JCU, in the top 2% of universities in the world. Here are some great examples to start your search:
The College of Science and Engineering is one of the 6 Colleges of JCU and is the home of JCU's expertise in Marine Biology, Zoology, Aquaculture, Engineering, Physical Sciences, Earth Science, and Environmental Management, which forms a strong grouping, uniquely placed to tackle the grand challenges facing the world, both fundamental research and application.
Zoology and Ecology emphasises a diverse range of intellectual disciplines including zoology, ecology, botany, behaviour and evolutionary biology, within a diverse range of terrestrial habitats. The program provides graduates with the skills required to observe, explore and understand the biological world in all its diversity. Build your zoology and ecology tool-kit at James Cook University (JCU), join the scientific community, and make a global impact
- Career opportunities at the Australian Wildlife Conservancy.
- Global Imaging Spectroscopy Futures Post Doctoral
- Research Assistant Program Enrolment Open Now
- IKEBASQUE launched a new international call and is offering 20 positions for experienced postdoctoral researchers!
- Free Deep-Learning Workshop - Risk Management and Bayesina deep learning workshops from Paula Martinex Villegas (UQ). Not for beginners. More info: Chantelle.Pinnington@jcu.edu.au
- Cape York Natural Resource Management: Biodiversity Project Officer (fixed term until 30 July 2023, full-time position)
- Department of Geography (NUS), is looking up to the level of tenured full Professor on the following areas: disturbance dynamics; macroecology & biodiversity conservation; water resources. The candidate should also have geospatial analysis or environmental modelling expertise
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam is offering Jobs focused on Crop and Plant Physiology and Terrestrial Biodiversity.
- Earth Institute Postdoctoral Research Program in Sustainable Development (email@example.com)
- Exciting Research Masters or PhD Student project available at GAME lab (JCU): Novel appeasing pheromones to minimise stress & aggression, & bolster reproductive & immune function in African wild dogs.
- Software Development and Machine Learning - Australian Institute of Marine Science in Townsville and Perth
- Senior Lecturer in Planning & Environmental Law - Faculty of Business and Economics (University of South Pacific). More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remunerated short fieldwork job: Environmental Management Professional - send your CV to: Ingrid.email@example.com
- FIELD PROJECTS International: Research Assistant Training Program
JCU Connect - Opening doors to opportunity. A single point of contact for researchers, potential partners and research commercialisation.
Grants, Proposals and Awards
- 2021 Queensland Women in STEM Prize is open! Applications close on the 9th April 2021 at 4PM (AEST. A prize pool of $15,000 is on offer for outstanding female role models. More information here
- Koala Applied Research South East Queensland grants now open for Round 4. Grants of up to $100,000 (ex GST) are available for eligible recipients. Program guidelines and application details:Queensland Government website. For more information email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Centre for Defence Industry Capability: https://www.business.gov.au/cdic/news-for-defence-industry/new-defence-industry-insights-webinar-series Specific Defence sector funding opportunities can be found at; https://www.business.gov.au/Grants-and-Programs/Results
- Morris Animal Foundation announces calls for proposals to study fire-related injuries in Australian wildlife
- Expanding research collaboration between regional Australia and Southeast Asia
Funding is available for:
- Up to ten travel grants of $5,000 each for researchers from Australian regional universities to travel to partner institutions in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand or Vietnam to progress negotiations to reach agreement on the collaborative research proposed for the workshop(s).
- Logistical support for one or two workshop(s) to be hosted by an Australian regional university, including a contribution towards catering and incidentals if required.
- The attendance of researchers from Southeast Asia to participate in one or both workshops (up to ten incoming visits).