About JCU Alumni
Who are JCU Alumni?
If you have earned an undergraduate or postgraduate degree from James Cook University you are a considered an alumnus of the University and have become a member of the University's Convocation.
JCU's Alumni Association
JCU's Alumni Association is made up of those who have graduated from the university (Alumni), as well as friends of the University. These include:
- Current and former students who have successfully completed the equivalent of at least one full-time teaching period (i.e. three subjects minimum of 9 credits points achieved);
- All current and former academic and professional staff who have served for at least one year;
- All philanthropic donors to the University.
JCU's Alumni Portal
Use the portal to update your details so we can invite you to events, and you can stay up to date with news from JCU. Can also subscribe to newsletters and see all the alumni benefits on offer.
- Support alumni who wish to keep in touch with each other;
- Foster an active interest in JCU;
- Organise professional networking and social activities;
- Communicate alumni views, needs and interests to the University;
- Play an active part in mentoring programs for undergraduates;
- Mobilise alumni to support the University;
- Offer voluntary assistance to the University with organising events and reunions;
- Represent the University at profiling and recruitment functions.
Starting an Alumni network
It takes just three like minded graduates and a JCU staff member (to provide support) to start the formation of an Alumni network based on either geographical location, subject, discipline, or professional interest.
By encouraging the development of networks, the University aims to provide alumni with a vehicle by which they can use their special skills and knowledge, network, give back to the institution, preserve and upgrade the standing of their degree/s and make a difference to the experience of lifelong learning for many.
Talk to us about starting an alumni network in your town.