Alumni About JCU Alumni
About JCU Alumni
- Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders in Marine Science
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Reputation and Experience
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- JCU Aquaculture Solutions
- AusAsian Mental Health Research Group
- Area 61
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- JCU-CSIRO Partnership
- Employability Edge
- Career Ready Plan
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- WHOCC for N&M Education and Research
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Cyclone Testing Station
- The Centre for Disaster Studies
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Research Division
- Services and Resources Division
- Education Division
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Financial and Business Services Office
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Engagement
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- Inherent Requirements
- IsoTropics Geochemistry Lab
- IT Services
- International Schools
- International Students
- Research and Innovation Services
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Events
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Ideas Lab
- JCU Job Ready
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- JCU Turtle Health Research
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Mabo Decision: 30 years on
- National Reconciliation Week
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Virtual Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to university
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Contextual Science for Tropical Coastal Ecosystems
- State of the Tropics
- Strategic Procurement
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Student profiles
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
As a member of the JCU alumni family you are part of a truly global network of more than 92,000 graduates who live across every continent in the world. There are JCU graduates located from the Himalayan foothills and conservation parks in Cameroon to board rooms in Sydney, Hong Kong and New York City.
Alumni from JCU hold roles in some of the world's leading international organisations such as the United Nations, the Red Cross, Apple and National Geographic. Others hold seats in State and Federal parliament or serve as Australia’s ambassadors around the world.
As an active member of the JCU alumni family, you can meet, learn from and mentor other JCU graduates living in your city. Why not join us at an event near you to get started on your alumni journey with us?
You are automatically an alum of JCU if you have completed an award course at the University or one of it's subsidiary/predecessor institutions.
JCU considers you a part of our wider alumni family if you:
- Are a current and former student who has successfully completed the equivalent of at least one full-time teaching period (i.e. three subjects minimum of 9 credits points achieved);
- Are a current and former academic and professional staff member who has served for at least one year;
- Are a recipient of an honorary award from JCU or its predecessor institutions;
- Are a current or past member of the University Council;
- Are a philanthropic donor to the University.
Keeping your details updated helps you stay in touch with JCU. We'll be able to send you invitations to events and activities happening near you as well as interesting news from the University.
Got a question? Check out our FAQs section to see if we can help.
- Support alumni who wish to keep in touch with each other;
- Foster an active interest in JCU;
- Organise professional networking and social activities;
- Communicate alumni views, needs and interests to the University;
- Play an active part in mentoring programs for undergraduates;
- Mobilise alumni to support the University;
- Offer voluntary assistance to the University with organising events and reunions;
- Represent the University at profiling and recruitment functions.
It takes just three like minded graduates and a JCU staff member (to provide support) to start the formation of an Alumni network based on either geographical location, subject, discipline, or professional interest.
By encouraging the development of networks, the University aims to provide alumni with a vehicle by which they can use their special skills and knowledge, network, give back to the institution, preserve and upgrade the standing of their degree/s and make a difference to the experience of lifelong learning for many.
Talk to us about starting an alumni network in your town.
Current Alumni networks
As part of the larger JCU Alumni Association there are a number of smaller networks that operate geographically and by subject interest.
There is a formal incorporated network in Singapore who operate via a virtual clubhouse and Facebook. Check out their website and become a member or contact [email protected] for more information.
There is an active network based in New England, check out their Facebook page for more info. This group is striving to help find solutions to the increasing challenges facing the Tropical World. It’s not all serious business, they also run regular activities and events including the Annual Corn Hole Tournament in autumn.
We have a small group of alumni based in PNG, Australia’s nearest neighbour. They are currently working with the Alumni office to host events, for more information contact [email protected]
Following a successful 50th 'Golden Jubilee of Uni Halls' Reunion in July 2017, this group are staying in touch and trying to find others from the early years via Facebook.
The Aurora Class consists of graduates from the first intake of nursing students at JCU in 1990. Following a successful 25 year celebration in September 2017, this group have pledged to stay in touch and find others, connect via their Facebook group.