About JCU Alumni
As a member of the JCU alumni family you are part of a truly global network of more than 70,000 graduates who live across every continent in the world. There are JCU graduates located from the Himalayan foothills and conservation parks in Cameroon to board rooms in Sydney, Hong Kong and New York City.
Alumni from JCU hold roles in some of the world's leading international organisations such as the United Nations, the Red Cross, Apple and National Geographic. Others hold seats in State and Federal parliament or serve as Australia’s ambassadors around the world.
As an active member of the JCU alumni family, you can meet, learn from and mentor other JCU graduates living in your city. Why not join us at an event near you to get started on your alumni journey with us?
JCU considers you a part of our alumni family if you:
- Have graduated from the university, or one of it's subsidiary institutions;
- Are a current and former student who has successfully completed the equivalent of at least one full-time teaching period (i.e. three subjects minimum of 9 credits points achieved);
- Are a current and former academic and professional staff member who has served for at least one year;
- Are a philanthropic donor to the University.
- Support alumni who wish to keep in touch with each other;
- Foster an active interest in JCU;
- Organise professional networking and social activities;
- Communicate alumni views, needs and interests to the University;
- Play an active part in mentoring programs for undergraduates;
- Mobilise alumni to support the University;
- Offer voluntary assistance to the University with organising events and reunions;
- Represent the University at profiling and recruitment functions.
Starting an Alumni network
It takes just three like minded graduates and a JCU staff member (to provide support) to start the formation of an Alumni network based on either geographical location, subject, discipline, or professional interest.
By encouraging the development of networks, the University aims to provide alumni with a vehicle by which they can use their special skills and knowledge, network, give back to the institution, preserve and upgrade the standing of their degree/s and make a difference to the experience of lifelong learning for many.
Talk to us about starting an alumni network in your town.