COVID-19 Advice for the JCU Community - Last updated: 22 October 2021, 8am (AEST)

Alumni Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

We've got lots of answers to lots of questions here, if you don't find what you're looking for please contact us.

Alumni & past students - Frequently asked questions

An official academic record is the official record of your JCU enrolment. It details all the subjects you've studied, your results, grade point average (GPA) and your graduation date (if conferred yet).  Order a copy online.

If you need to replace your testamur (graduation certificate) you can complete the request for replacement testamur application form online.  You will need to include a Statutory Declaration, outlining the reasons for the loss or destruction of the original testamur.

Yes, if your name has legally changed since graduating you can order a replacement Testamur that reflects your current name.

Head over to the Change of Name form to start this process.  You will need to submit documentation to support your name change, this may include one or more of the following: birth certificate, passport, Certificate of Name Change from the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, marriage certificate or a divorce decree.

Contact if you have any questions.

Your employer can verify your qualifications by using the Online Award Verification Tool.

For students pre-2011 they can verify the qualification by contacting our exams office at The request must include the graduate's full name (at time of graduation), date of birth, award name, and year of conferral.

This is public information so your employer does not require any kind of waiver or approval from you.

Graduates of JCU are entitled to a range of benefits, from access to Library resources to email for life. Find out more.

Yes. We've got a new alumni business directory where graduates can list their business or employers along with a special offer, find out more.