You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Policy for the Affiliation of a Residential College
To specify the requirements which determine the formal relationship between specified Residential Colleges and the University.
All Residential Colleges listed in the Schedule shown below.
Policy and Procedures
1. The Residential Colleges set out in the Schedule of these Guidelines shall be Residential Colleges of the University affiliated with it in the terms set out in these Guidelines.
2. Each College shall use any premises acquired by it from the University only for the purpose of a residential University College and such other purposes as are approved by the Council.
3. Each College shall operate under a written constitution approved by the Council, and its constitution shall not be amended without the consent of the Council. The College shall lodge with the University Secretary a copy of its constitution and of any amendment made thereto.
4. There shall be provisions in the constitution of each College that one member of the governing body of the College shall be a person nominated by the Council.
5. The constitution of each College shall prescribe what persons may be admitted to residence in the College.
6. Each College shall submit an Annual Report to the University Council through the University Council’s nominee on the College Council.
7. The University Council’s nominee on the College Council will make a report to the University Council on the operations of the College each year.
8. The University encourages Colleges to manage their operations in accordance with the principles of sustainability.
9. Use of University land shall be determined under a Nomination of Trusts or other terms of trust as approved by the University Council.
The Catholic College of St Raphael and St Paul
St. Mark's College
John Flynn College
Director, Governance Services & University Secretary
Date for next review:
There are no related procedures.
There are no other related documents.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture