You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
FMPM 210 Cash
This policy sets out the requirements relating to the management, administration and collection of all cash and cash equivalents on campus.
Designation of a Cashier
Director, Financial and Business Services
Management of money received
Head of Organisational Unit
Administration of money received
Maintenance of a Register of Cashiers
Director, Financial and Business Services
The Director, Financial and Business Services may authorise individuals to collect money on behalf of the University who will by this authorisation, be known as a Cashier. There must be at least one authorised Cashier for the University.
A Cashier must be an employee of the University unless otherwise approved by the Director, Financial and Business Services.
The designation of Cashier given by the Director, Financial and Business Services may be to a named person or to the holder of an identified position in the University.
University money must only be received by an authorised Cashier.
A Cashier must only receive money on behalf of the University at specified locations.
The form of payment received must be approved by the Director, Financial and Business Services.
Money received by a Cashier must be recorded on an official University receipt, a copy of which must be provided to the remitter upon request.
A Cashier must deposit collected money to an approved bank account, on a timely basis as directed by the Director, Financial and Business Services.
Money received must be banked intact.
University money must be kept separate from non-University money.
A register of Cashiers must be maintained by the Manager, Treasury and Corporate Finance detailing:
the name of the Cashier;
the specific location for which the Cashier is authorised to receive money; and
any restrictions that apply.
A Cashier is responsible for the safe custody of all money and related documentation received by them.
Surpluses or shortages must be reported promptly to the Director, Financial and Business Services by the Cashier. See FMPM 920: Policy - Losses for further information.
For enquiries in relation to this FMPM Policy please contact AccountsReceivable@jcu.edu.au.
NOTE: Printed copies of this policy are uncontrolled, and currency can only be assured at the time of printing.
Deputy Vice Chancellor, Services and Resources
Date for next review
NOTE: A minor amendment will not result in a change of the next major review date.
Approval date - the date the approval authority approved the establishment, minor or major amendment or disestablishment
Implementation Date - the date the policy was published in the Policy Library and is the date the policy takes effect
|17-1||16/03/2017||18/03/2017||Minor administrative amendments - 'Collector' replaced with 'Cashier'.||Director, Financial and Business Services|
Policy Sponsor and Approval Authority updated to reflect the approved Policy and Delegations Framework
Quality Standards and Policy Unit
There are no other related documents.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture