Bulk Fuel Procedure 30 - Orpheus Island
Vehicle Section Internal Procedure 30
To ensure the required volume of fuel is maintained and available for the daily operations of the Orpheus Island Research Station.
This procedure applies to all University staff refuelling from the bulk fuel facility at Orpheus Island Research Station.
PIB - Palm Island Barge
OIRS- Orpheus Island Research Station
- Safe Fill Level of ULP tank is 12,800 litres Maximum; and
- Safe Fill Level of the Diesel tank is 11,000 litres Maximum per tank.
2. Management of Fuel
- The Orpheus Island bulk fuel facility is primarily used for OIRS operation and boat refuelling;
- A fuel dip is conducted every Monday to record the usage and fuel levels over the previous 7 days. The readings are then recorded on the OIRS maintenance schedule;
- PIB has 5 charters booked for OIRS per year to deliver fuel, 3 weeks before a PIB delivery, the research Station Officer contacts Gofton Enterprises to order any fuel if required;
- One week prior to the delivery date the Research Station Officer will contact Gofton Enterprises to re-confirm that a fuel resupply is required on the next PIB delivery;
- OIRS have 5 pods of 1,800 litres Unleaded and 10 pods of 2,250 litres of diesel located at the PIB yard;
- On arrival of the PIB the OIRS staff pump the fuel pods into OIRS storage tanks;
- After delivery an invoice is issued and payment is completed.
Related documents and legislation
James Cook University Critical Incident Policy
NOTE: Printed copies of this procedure are uncontrolled, and currency can only be assured at the time of printing.
Deputy Vice Chancellor, Services and Resources
Date for next Major Review
NOTE: A minor amendment will not result in a change of the next major review date.
Approval date - the date the Policy Sponsor approved the establishment, minor or major amendment or disestablishment
Implementation Date - the date the procedure was published in the Policy Library and is the date the procedure takes effect
Bulk Fuel Orpheus Island