You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
- About JCUJCU Connect
- Cairns Institute External
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Courses and Study
- Why JCU?
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Environmental Management
- Health Studies
- Information Technology
- Marine Science
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Veterinary Science
Course by level
Cities, campuses and study centres
- Services and support
- QTAC Packaged Offers
- International Students
Fees and Financial Support
Exams & Results
- Student forms
The Learning Centre
- Learning Centre Services
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Booklets
- Safe work and study at JCU
Research and Teaching
I want to...
About JCU Research
- Research Performance
Research Centres and Institutes
- Division of Research & Innovation
- Celebrating Research @JCU
- JCU Research Contacts
- Master's by Research
- Fees and Scholarships
- I want to...
Partners and Community
Policy Generic Fuel Cards Procedure 28
Generic Fuel Cards Procedure 28
Vehicle Section Internal Procedure 28
This procedure sets out the requirements and guidelines for the administration of all Generic Fuel Cards associated with James Cook University Business. To ensure that all fuel purchases made on the University’s Generic Fuel Cards are properly and appropriately administered by the Estate Directorate Vehicle Section.
This procedure applies to all university staff and/or students purchasing fuel for university vehicles.
Generic Fuel Cards – any fuel card allocated to staff/students that has not been allocated an individual registration number.
1. Risk Management and Fraud Control
- Employees and associates of James Cook University are to use the Generic Fuel Card for the purchase of fuel and oils relating to University business only.
- Other methods of payment, such as cash, credit card are only to be used in exceptional circumstance. For example: where there are no service stations that accept a James Cook University Generic Fuel
Card. The staff member or student must make every effort to seek out a service station that accepts the University Generic Fuel Card. In the case of using cash to pay for fuel purchases, the reimbursement of the fuel payment must be authorised by Estate Directorate management and be reimbursed to the individual through the relevant finance system.
- All employees issued with a Generic Fuel Card will be required to sign a document acknowledging their compliance with the University’s fuel card procedure.
- Ii is the responsibility of the generic fuel card holder to maintain a register of physical movements of their fuel purchases, including the signature of the issued fuel card holder.
- Six (6) monthly reviews of the usage of the fuel cards will be conducted by Vehicle Section.
- Where a card is lost, stolen or damaged the holder must notify the Vehicle Section staff immediately. Steps will then be taken to rectify the situation. This may include cancelling the card and reissuing a new fuel card.
- Inappropriate use of fuel cards will be referred to the Management Estate Directorate. Appropriate measures will be taken to ensure adherence to this procedure. These measures may include cancellation of a fuel card, or any other measures deemed necessary by the Management Estates Directorate.
- If a Generic fuel cards have not been used within a 12 month period, It is the responsibility of the cardholder to return the fuel card/s to vehicle section where the card will be cancelled.
Related documents and legislation
Caltex Government contract no: QP694
Acknowledgement & Acceptance of Conditions of Use of James Cook University Generic Fuel Cards
Generic Fuel Card usage sheet
NOTE: Printed copies of this procedure are uncontrolled, and currency can only be assured at the time of printing.
Deputy Vice Chancellor, Services and Resources
Date for next Major Review
NOTE: A minor amendment will not result in a change of the next major review date.
Approval date - the date the Policy Sponsor approved the establishment, minor or major amendment or disestablishment
Implementation Date - the date the procedure was published in the Policy Library and is the date the procedure takes effect
Julie Fedorniak Fleet Supervisor
Generic Fuel Cards