- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Fish Passage Planning and Design
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
Student Equity and Wellbeing
- AccessAbility Services
- Multifaith Chaplaincy
- Contact Us
- JCU and batyr
- Tropical Queensland Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- NESP Redirection
Information sheets are listed in A-Z order by title, and available for download in PDF. Contact us to request an information sheet in a different format.
Finding somewhere to live and make home is important for your well-being. Having your own private space where you feel safe, relaxed, and where you know you can stay for a length of time is fundamental for good mental health.
When you move to a new place, even if it is by your own choice, you need to make adjustments, which may appear difficult at first.
While at university your finances may not necessarily be at their best. Make your money go the distance by setting up an effective budget.
Understand what constitutes bullying and/or harassment, and what can be done about it.
Worrying about exams is common, and in many ways it can motivate you to study. However, too much stress can limit your exam performance.
Transitioning is a unique journey for each person. Find out how JCU can support you during that journey.
Losing someone or something you love or care about deeply can be very painful. Find out how JCU can support you during a period of loss or grief.
Quality, healthy relationships are essential to human wellbeing. Learn skills to build and maintain healthy relationships and social connection.
Everybody feels down from time to time. If you feel a low mood for a long period of time, or think poorly of yourself often, help is available.
We all procrastinate from time to time, but it can become a habit and result in feelings of overwhelm, stress and fear.
Relaxation and mindfulness techniques are key to managing stress, improving mood and enhancing concentration.
Information about sexual health, consent, assault, and harassment, and the support services available for all staff and students.
Stress is a natural response. A certain level of stress is beneficial, but too many stressors at once can trigger a crisis.
It can be challenging to balance university with social, mental, emotional, spiritual and physical wellbeing... a healthy study plan is essential.
Suicidal thoughts are more common than you probably think, but should not be ignored. Help and support is available 24 hours a day.
Understanding gender identity and the process of transition is the first step to ensuring staff and student equity at JCU.
University life brings conflicting priorities and deadlines beyond existing personal and job commitments. Effective time management is the key to success.
Traumatic experiences can overwhelm your ability to cope with everyday life and have a profound impact on your identify, mind and body.
Explore our five key factors to ensuring your social, emotional, spiritual, mental and physical wellbeing.
Ways to assess and respond to your reaction to stressful or traumatic events.
People respond to suicide in a range of ways. Find out what are common, grief-related reactions to suicide, and where to find support.
Information about your upcoming counselling appointment and ideas to consider while you wait.