You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Students
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Equity and Inclusion
Information sheets are listed in A-Z order by title, and available for download in PDF. Contact us to request an information sheet in a different format.
Finding somewhere to live and make home is important for your well-being. Having your own private space where you feel safe, relaxed, and where you know you can stay for a length of time is fundamental for good mental health.
When you move to a new place, even if it is by your own choice, you need to make adjustments, which may appear difficult at first.
While at university your finances may not necessarily be at their best. Make your money go the distance by setting up an effective budget.
Understand what constitutes bullying and/or harassment, and what can be done about it.
Worrying about exams is common, and in many ways it can motivate you to study. However, too much stress can limit your exam performance.
Transitioning is a unique journey for each person. Find out how JCU can support you during that journey.
Losing someone or something you love or care about deeply can be very painful. Find out how JCU can support you during a period of loss or grief.
Quality, healthy relationships are essential to human wellbeing. Learn skills to build and maintain healthy relationships and social connection.
Everybody feels down from time to time. If you feel a low mood for a long period of time, or think poorly of yourself often, help is available.
We all procrastinate from time to time, but it can become a habit and result in feelings of overwhelm, stress and fear.
Relaxation and mindfulness techniques are key to managing stress, improving mood and enhancing concentration.
Information about sexual health, consent, assault, and harassment, and the support services available for all staff and students.
Stress is a natural response. A certain level of stress is beneficial, but too many stressors at once can trigger a crisis.
It can be challenging to balance university with social, mental, emotional, spiritual and physical wellbeing... a healthy study plan is essential.
Suicidal thoughts are more common than you probably think, but should not be ignored. Help and support is available 24 hours a day.
Understanding gender identity and the process of transition is the first step to ensuring staff and student equity at JCU.
University life brings conflicting priorities and deadlines beyond existing personal and job commitments. Effective time management is the key to success.
Traumatic experiences can overwhelm your ability to cope with everyday life and have a profound impact on your identify, mind and body.
Explore our five key factors to ensuring your social, emotional, spiritual, mental and physical wellbeing.
Ways to assess and respond to your reaction to stressful or traumatic events.
People respond to suicide in a range of ways. Find out what are common, grief-related reactions to suicide, and where to find support.
Information about your upcoming counselling appointment and ideas to consider while you wait.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture
- Pathway to University Bridging Courses
- Get Into University Without an ATAR
- Get Into University Courses with a Low ATAR
- Dentistry School Courses
- Midwifery Training Courses
- Pharmacy School
- ECE Degree Online
- Physiotherapy School
- Primary Teaching Degree Online
- Sports Science University
- High School Teaching Courses
- Pre Registration Nursing Courses