Student Equity and Wellbeing Resources Info Sheets
- Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders in Marine Science
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Reputation and Experience
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anthropological Laboratory for Tropical Audiovisual Research (ALTAR)
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- JCU Aquaculture Solutions
- AusAsian Mental Health Research Group
- Area 61
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- JCU-CSIRO Partnership
- Employability Edge
- Career Ready Plan
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- WHOCC for N&M Education and Research
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Cyclone Testing Station
- The Centre for Disaster Studies
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Research Division
- Services and Resources Division
- Education Division
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Environmental Research Complex [ERC]
- Financial and Business Services Office
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Engagement
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- Inherent Requirements
- IsoTropics Geochemistry Lab
- IT Services
- International Schools
- International Students
- Research and Innovation Services
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Events
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Ideas Lab
- JCU Job Ready
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- JCU Turtle Health Research
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Mabo Decision: 30 years on
- National Reconciliation Week
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Virtual Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to university
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Contextual Science for Tropical Coastal Ecosystems
- State of the Tropics
- Strategic Procurement
Student Equity and Wellbeing
- AccessAbility at JCU
- Multifaith Chaplaincy
- Contact us
- Student profiles
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Information sheets are listed in A-Z order by title, and available for download in PDF. Contact us to request an information sheet in a different format.
Accommodation and Housing (PDF, 306 KB)
Finding somewhere to live and make home is important for your well-being. Having your own private space where you feel safe, relaxed, and where you know you can stay for a length of time is fundamental for good mental health.
Adjustment, homesickness and loneliness (PDF, 320 KB)
When you move to a new place, even if it is by your own choice, you need to make adjustments, which may appear difficult at first.
Budgeting (PDF, 440 KB)
While at university your finances may not necessarily be at their best. Make your money go the distance by setting up an effective budget.
Bullying and harassment (PDF, 81 KB)
Understand what constitutes bullying and/or harassment, and what can be done about it.
Exam worries (PDF, 117 KB)
Worrying about exams is common, and in many ways it can motivate you to study. However, too much stress can limit your exam performance.
Gender diversity: Information for staff and students (PDF, 268 KB)
Understanding gender identity and the process of transition is the first step to ensuring staff and student equity at JCU.
Gender Diversity: Transitioning at university (PDF, 184 KB)
Transitioning is a unique journey for each person. Find out how JCU can support you during that journey.
Grief and loss (PDF, 40 KB)
Losing someone or something you love or care about deeply can be very painful. Find out how JCU can support you during a period of loss or grief.
Healthy relationships (PDF, 465 KB)
Quality, healthy relationships are essential to human wellbeing. Learn skills to build and maintain healthy relationships and social connection.
Low mood and depression (PDF, 99 KB)
Everybody feels down from time to time. If you feel a low mood for a long period of time, or think poorly of yourself often, help is available.
Procrastination and motivation (PDF, 94 KB)
We all procrastinate from time to time, but it can become a habit and result in feelings of overwhelm, stress and fear.
Relaxation, mindfulness and meditation (PDF, 35 KB)
Relaxation and mindfulness techniques are key to managing stress, improving mood and enhancing concentration.
Sexual health (PDF, 43 KB)
Information about sexual health, consent, assault, and harassment, and the support services available for all staff and students.
Stress and anxiety (PDF, 100 KB)
Stress is a natural response. A certain level of stress is beneficial, but too many stressors at once can trigger a crisis.
Study planning (PDF, 119 KB)
It can be challenging to balance university with social, mental, emotional, spiritual and physical wellbeing... a healthy study plan is essential.
Suicidal thoughts (PDF, 40 KB)
Suicidal thoughts are more common than you probably think, but should not be ignored. Help and support is available 24 hours a day.
Time management (PDF, 42 KB)
University life brings conflicting priorities and deadlines beyond existing personal and job commitments. Effective time management is the key to success.
Trauma (PDF, 76 KB)
Traumatic experiences can overwhelm your ability to cope with everyday life and have a profound impact on your identify, mind and body.
Wellbeing (PDF, 42 KB)
Explore our five key factors to ensuring your social, emotional, spiritual, mental and physical wellbeing.
When bad things happen (PDF, 158 KB)
Ways to assess and respond to your reaction to stressful or traumatic events.
When someone you know dies by suicide (PDF, 42 KB)
People respond to suicide in a range of ways. Find out what are common, grief-related reactions to suicide, and where to find support.
While you are waiting final (PDF, 157 KB)
Information about your upcoming counselling appointment and ideas to consider while you wait.