You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Equity and Inclusion
Wellbeing and Counselling
- Visit the Safety and Wellbeing website to access information about support services (including crisis support and counselling) both on and off campus.
- The Student Conflict Support website provides JCU students with a self-help resource to assist them to manage their own conflict, and also as a referral resource should students require further support.
- See also How to overcome exam anxiety, a helpful article for all university students.
- Browse the Scholarships @ JCU website.
- The JCU Student Loans Scheme provides University funding for assistance in the form of loans to students who are in genuine need. The scheme aims to help students who, without this assistance, may not be able to continue their studies.
- The award winning JCU Learning Centre offers online and face-to-face access to academic learning development.
Sexual and Gender Diversity
Support and action groups
- Interact with sexually and gender diverse students and allies, or help support diversity and inclusiveness at JCU by joining the JCU Pride Alliance group.
- See also the Cairns LGBT Alliance.
- Headspace is the national youth mental health foundation dedicated to improving the wellbeing of young Australians.
- Out for Australia seeks to support and mentor aspiring LGBTIQ professionals as they navigate their way through the early stages of their career.
- National LGBTI Health Alliance recognises that people’s genders, bodies, relationships, and sexualities affect their health and wellbeing in every domain of their life.
- SSAY IT Cairns is a group for LGBTIQ+ young people. Phone Youth Link on (07) 4031 6179.
- Queensland Police Service works closely with the LGBTI communities to develop partnerships, awareness and understanding of impacting issues. The LGBTI Liaison Program provides a professional, non-discriminatory, accessible policing service to members of LBGTI communities.
- Reach Out provides practical tools and support to help young people get through everything from everyday issues to tough times.
- Australian Human Rights Commission has some great resources on sex, sexuality and gender identity and your rights.
- Townsville Sexual Health Services (Queensland Health) offers comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services.
- See It's pronounced METRO sexual, a website offering a list of LGBTQ+ vocabulary definitions
- The Australian Government's Guidelines on the Recognition of Sex and Gender apply to all Australian Government departments and agencies that maintain personal records (including employee records), and/or collect sex and/or gender information.
- Commonwealth Disability Discrimination Act (1992)
- Commonwealth Privacy Act (1988)
- Disability Standards for Education (2005)
- Anti-Discrimination Act (1991) (Queensland)
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture