You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Legal and Assurance
- Media and Communications
Secretariat and Records
- Vice Chancellor
- Student Complaints
Chief of Staff
- Contact us
JCU has a combination of insurance policies in place to meet legal obligations and to protect its people, assets and activities.
JCU renews its insurance policies on 1 November each year.
You should contact the insurance office:
- After an injury or incident that may give rise to an insurance claim;
- On shipment of goods valued over $750,000 or when goods are to be transported under a temperature controlled environment, such as research material; or
- To discuss any significant changes in activities that may affect insurance coverage.
This list is not exhaustive.
JCU's insurance polices are subject to excesses/deductibles, which may be payable by the relevant area of operation making the insurance claim.