- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- Community Resources
- Contact Us
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Blackwood, John, (2004) ‘Fairness v Privacy: Disclosure of Documents by Guardianship Tribunals’, Psychiatry, Psychology and Law, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 122-144.
Carney, Terry and Keyzer, Patrick, (2007) ‘Planning for the future: Arrangements for the assistance of people planning for the future of people with impaired capacity’, QUT Law & Justice Journal, Vol. 7, pp. 255- 278.
Clapton et al., (2011) Impaired Decision-Making Capacity and Indigenous Queenslanders Final Report, Office of the Public Advocate Queensland
Clements, N, Clapton, J and Chenoweth, L, (2010) ‘Indigenous Australians and Impaired Decision-Making Capacity’, Australian Journal of Social Issues, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 383-393.
Fogarty, B, (2012) Guardianship and administration laws across Australia, Intellectual Disability Rights Service.
King, Sally, (1999) ‘Why information about guardianship might be of interest to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers’, Aboriginal and Islander Health Worker Journal, Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 13.
Office of the Public Advocate (WA), (2005) Mistreatment of older people in Aboriginal communities project: An investigation into elder abuse in Aboriginal communities, Office of the Public Advocate, Perth, WA.
Office of the Public Advocate (QLD), (2012) ‘Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Queenslanders with impaired decision-making capacity’, Research News, May 2012.
Ozanne E, et al, ‘Intervention into a situation of elder abuse and neglect’ in R Nay and S Garratt, (2010) Older People: Issues and Innovations in Care (3rd ed, Churchill Livingstone), ch. 18, pp. 310-321.
Penter C et al, (2001) Needs of Indigenous people in the guardianship and administration system in Western Australia, A research project commissioned by the public advocate, Department of Justice, WA.
Queensland Law Reform Commission, (2007) Public Justice, Private Lives: A New Approach to Confidentiality in the Guardianship System, Report No 62, Volume 1 (June 2007).
Setterlund, Deborah, Tilse, Cheryl and Wilson, Jill, (1999) ‘Substitute Decision Making and Older People’, AIC trends & issues in crime and criminal justice, No. 139, December 1999.
Setterlund, Deborah, Tilse, Cheryl and Wilson, Jill, (2002) ‘Older people and substitute decision making: limits to informed choice’, Australasian Journal on Ageing, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 128-134.
Tilse, Cheryl et al., (2011) Enduring Documents Improving the forms, improving the outcomes, Report to Queensland Government, Department of Justice and Attorney-General.
Victorian Law Reform Commission, (2012) ‘Chapter 4: A changing environment’, Guardianship: Final Report, Victoria.