You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Blackwood, John, (2004) ‘Fairness v Privacy: Disclosure of Documents by Guardianship Tribunals’, Psychiatry, Psychology and Law, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 122-144.
Carney, Terry and Keyzer, Patrick, (2007) ‘Planning for the future: Arrangements for the assistance of people planning for the future of people with impaired capacity’, QUT Law & Justice Journal, Vol. 7, pp. 255- 278.
Clapton et al., (2011) Impaired Decision-Making Capacity and Indigenous Queenslanders Final Report, Office of the Public Advocate Queensland
Clements, N, Clapton, J and Chenoweth, L, (2010) ‘Indigenous Australians and Impaired Decision-Making Capacity’, Australian Journal of Social Issues, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 383-393.
Fogarty, B, (2012) Guardianship and administration laws across Australia, Intellectual Disability Rights Service.
King, Sally, (1999) ‘Why information about guardianship might be of interest to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers’, Aboriginal and Islander Health Worker Journal, Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 13.
Office of the Public Advocate (WA), (2005) Mistreatment of older people in Aboriginal communities project: An investigation into elder abuse in Aboriginal communities, Office of the Public Advocate, Perth, WA.
Office of the Public Advocate (QLD), (2012) ‘Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Queenslanders with impaired decision-making capacity’, Research News, May 2012.
Ozanne E, et al, ‘Intervention into a situation of elder abuse and neglect’ in R Nay and S Garratt, (2010) Older People: Issues and Innovations in Care (3rd ed, Churchill Livingstone), ch. 18, pp. 310-321.
Penter C et al, (2001) Needs of Indigenous people in the guardianship and administration system in Western Australia, A research project commissioned by the public advocate, Department of Justice, WA.
Queensland Law Reform Commission, (2007) Public Justice, Private Lives: A New Approach to Confidentiality in the Guardianship System, Report No 62, Volume 1 (June 2007).
Setterlund, Deborah, Tilse, Cheryl and Wilson, Jill, (1999) ‘Substitute Decision Making and Older People’, AIC trends & issues in crime and criminal justice, No. 139, December 1999.
Setterlund, Deborah, Tilse, Cheryl and Wilson, Jill, (2002) ‘Older people and substitute decision making: limits to informed choice’, Australasian Journal on Ageing, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 128-134.
Tilse, Cheryl et al., (2011) Enduring Documents Improving the forms, improving the outcomes, Report to Queensland Government, Department of Justice and Attorney-General.
Victorian Law Reform Commission, (2012) ‘Chapter 4: A changing environment’, Guardianship: Final Report, Victoria.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture