You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Altman, J 2010, NT Intervention Three Years On: Government’s Progress Report is Disturbing, viewed 13 June 2018, <http://stoptheintervention.org/uploads/files_to_download/5-Facts.pdf> .
Anthony, T 2009, ‘Governing Crime in the Intervention’ Law in Context, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 90-113.
Bielefeld, S 2010, ‘The ‘intervention’ legislation: ‘just’ terms or ‘reasonable ‘injustice’? : Wurridjal v Commonwealth of Australia’, Australian Indigenous Law Review, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 2-23.
Billings, P 2009 ‘Introduction’, Law in Context, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 1-13.
Billings, P 2010, ‘Mind the gap: public power, accountability and the Northern Territory emergency response’, Australian Journal of Administrative Law, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 132-158.
Billings, P & Cassimatis, AE 2009, ‘Redesigning the Northern Territory Emergency Response – Social Welfare Reform and Non-discrimination’ Law in Context, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 58-89.
Calma, T 2009, ‘The Northern Territory Intervention – It’s Not Our Dream’, Law in Context, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 14-41.
Cameron, C 2011 ‘Recognising Human Rights in Australia’s Third World: A critical analysis of the displacement and dispossession caused by the Federal Government’s Northern Territory Emergency Response’, Queensland Law Student Review, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 71-102.
Department of Family and Community Services 2011, Northern Territory Emergency Response Evaluation Report, viewed 09 February 2012, <https://aifs.gov.au/cfca/pacra/northern-territory-emergency-response-evaluation-report-2011>.
Department of Finance and Deregulation 2009, Performance Audit of the School Nutrition Program, Commonwealth of Australia, Canberra.
Edmunds, M 2010 ‘The Northern Territory Intervention and Human Rights: An Anthropological Perspective’ Perspective 3 (November), pp. 1-27.
Gordon, S 2008, ‘The Northern Territory emergency response: a reflection’, Sydney Papers, vol. 20, no. 3 (Winter), pp. 35-54.
Howe, A 2009, ‘Addressing child sexual assault in Australian Aboriginal communities: the politics of white voice’, Australian Feminist Law Journal, vol. 30 (June), pp. 41-61.
Hunter, B 2007, ‘Conspicuous Compassion and Wicked Problems: The Howard Government’s National Emergency in Indigenous Affairs’, Agenda, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 35-54.
Johns, G 2008, ‘The Northern Territory Intervention in Aboriginal Affairs: Wicked Problem or Wicked Policy?’, Agenda, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 65-84.
Lattas, A & Morris, B 2010, ‘Embedded Anthropology and the Intervention: On Cultural Determinism and Neo-liberal forms of Racial Governance’, Arena Magazine Feature, no. 107, pp. 15-20.
MacGillvray, P 2009, ‘Aboriginal People, The United Nations and Racial Discrimination: The Request for Urgent Action in the Northern Territory’, Indigenous Law Bulletin, vol. 78, no. 10, pp. 6-10.
O’Dowd, M 2009, ‘Place, Identity and Nationhood: The Northern Territory Intervention as the Final Act of a Dying Nation’ Journal of Media and Cultural Studies, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 803-825.
Schokman, B & Vivian, A 2009, ‘The Northern Territory intervention and the fabrication of ‘special measures’, Australian Indigenous Law Review, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 78-106.
Stringer, R 2007, ‘A Nightmare of the NeoColonial Kind: Politics of Suffering Howard’s Northern Territory Intervention’, Borderlands e-journal, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 1-18, viewed 09 February 2012, <http://www.borderlands.net.au/vol6no2_2007/stringer_intervention.htm>.
Ting, I 2009, ‘Inside the Intervention’, Position Magazine, no. 42 (August/September), pp. 10-12.
Toohey, P 2008, ‘Last Drinks: The Impact of the Northern Territory Intervention’, Quarterly Essay, no. 30, pp. 1-97.
Vivian, A 2010, ‘Some Human Rights are Worth More than Others: The Northern Territory Intervention and the Alice Springs Town Camps’, Alternative Law Journal, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 46-70.
Walker (McFarland), J 2009, ‘Night Patrol: How the Intervention is undermining Warlpiri women’s longstanding self-determined community innovations’, Features, no.102, pp. 31-33.
Wild, R & Anderson, P 2007a, Ampe Akelyernemane Mede Mekarle: ‘Little Children are Sacred’: Report of the Northern Territory Board of Inquiry into the Protection of Aboriginal Children from Sexual Abuse, Northern Territory Government, Darwin, viewed 09 February 2012, http://www.inquirysaac.nt.gov.au/pdf/bipacsa_final_report.pdf
Wild, R & Anderson, P 2007b, Ampe Akelyernemane Mede Mekarle: ‘Little Children are Sacred’: Summary Report of the Northern Territory Board of Inquiry into the Protection of Aboriginal Children from Sexual Abuse, Northern Territory Government, Darwin, viewed 09 February 2012, http://www.inquirysaac.nt.gov.au/pdf/bipacsa_report_summary.pdf
Yu, P, Duncan, ME & Gray, B 2008, Report of the NTER Review Board, Commonwealth of Australia, Canberra, viewed 14 June 2018, http://apo.org.au/system/files/551/apo-nid551-81416.pdf
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture