- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- AusAsian Mental Health Research Group
- Area 61
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- WHOCC for N&M Education and Research
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Cyclone Testing Station
- The Centre for Disaster Studies
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Research Division
- Services and Resources Division
- Education Division
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Financial and Business Services Office
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- Community Resources
- Contact Us
- Inherent Requirements
- IsoTropics Geochemistry Lab
- IT Services
- International Schools
- International Students
- JCU Connect
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Events
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Ideas Lab
- JCU Job Ready
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- JCU Turtle Health Research
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Mabo Decision: 30 years on
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Virtual Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to university
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Contextual Science for Tropical Coastal Ecosystems
- State of the Tropics
- Strategic Procurement
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Student profiles
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- Indigenous Engagement
Altman, J 2010, NT Intervention Three Years On: Government’s Progress Report is Disturbing, viewed 13 June 2018, <http://stoptheintervention.org/uploads/files_to_download/5-Facts.pdf> .
Anthony, T 2009, ‘Governing Crime in the Intervention’ Law in Context, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 90-113.
Bielefeld, S 2010, ‘The ‘intervention’ legislation: ‘just’ terms or ‘reasonable ‘injustice’? : Wurridjal v Commonwealth of Australia’, Australian Indigenous Law Review, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 2-23.
Billings, P 2009 ‘Introduction’, Law in Context, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 1-13.
Billings, P 2010, ‘Mind the gap: public power, accountability and the Northern Territory emergency response’, Australian Journal of Administrative Law, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 132-158.
Billings, P & Cassimatis, AE 2009, ‘Redesigning the Northern Territory Emergency Response – Social Welfare Reform and Non-discrimination’ Law in Context, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 58-89.
Calma, T 2009, ‘The Northern Territory Intervention – It’s Not Our Dream’, Law in Context, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 14-41.
Cameron, C 2011 ‘Recognising Human Rights in Australia’s Third World: A critical analysis of the displacement and dispossession caused by the Federal Government’s Northern Territory Emergency Response’, Queensland Law Student Review, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 71-102.
Department of Family and Community Services 2011, Northern Territory Emergency Response Evaluation Report, viewed 09 February 2012, <https://www.indigenousjustice.gov.au/resources/northern-territory-emergency-response-evaluation-report-2011/>.
Department of Finance and Deregulation 2009, Performance Audit of the School Nutrition Program, Commonwealth of Australia, Canberra.
Edmunds, M 2010 ‘The Northern Territory Intervention and Human Rights: An Anthropological Perspective’ Perspective 3 (November), pp. 1-27.
Gordon, S 2008, ‘The Northern Territory emergency response: a reflection’, Sydney Papers, vol. 20, no. 3 (Winter), pp. 35-54.
Howe, A 2009, ‘Addressing child sexual assault in Australian Aboriginal communities: the politics of white voice’, Australian Feminist Law Journal, vol. 30 (June), pp. 41-61.
Hunter, B 2007, ‘Conspicuous Compassion and Wicked Problems: The Howard Government’s National Emergency in Indigenous Affairs’, Agenda, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 35-54.
Johns, G 2008, ‘The Northern Territory Intervention in Aboriginal Affairs: Wicked Problem or Wicked Policy?’, Agenda, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 65-84.
Lattas, A & Morris, B 2010, ‘Embedded Anthropology and the Intervention: On Cultural Determinism and Neo-liberal forms of Racial Governance’, Arena Magazine Feature, no. 107, pp. 15-20.
MacGillvray, P 2009, ‘Aboriginal People, The United Nations and Racial Discrimination: The Request for Urgent Action in the Northern Territory’, Indigenous Law Bulletin, vol. 78, no. 10, pp. 6-10.
O’Dowd, M 2009, ‘Place, Identity and Nationhood: The Northern Territory Intervention as the Final Act of a Dying Nation’ Journal of Media and Cultural Studies, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 803-825.
Schokman, B & Vivian, A 2009, ‘The Northern Territory intervention and the fabrication of ‘special measures’, Australian Indigenous Law Review, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 78-106.
Stringer, R 2007, ‘A Nightmare of the NeoColonial Kind: Politics of Suffering Howard’s Northern Territory Intervention’, Borderlands e-journal, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 1-18, viewed 09 February 2012, <http://www.borderlands.net.au/vol6no2_2007/stringer_intervention.htm>.
Ting, I 2009, ‘Inside the Intervention’, Position Magazine, no. 42 (August/September), pp. 10-12.
Toohey, P 2008, ‘Last Drinks: The Impact of the Northern Territory Intervention’, Quarterly Essay, no. 30, pp. 1-97.
Vivian, A 2010, ‘Some Human Rights are Worth More than Others: The Northern Territory Intervention and the Alice Springs Town Camps’, Alternative Law Journal, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 46-70.
Walker (McFarland), J 2009, ‘Night Patrol: How the Intervention is undermining Warlpiri women’s longstanding self-determined community innovations’, Features, no.102, pp. 31-33.
Wild, R & Anderson, P 2007a, Ampe Akelyernemane Mede Mekarle: ‘Little Children are Sacred’: Report of the Northern Territory Board of Inquiry into the Protection of Aboriginal Children from Sexual Abuse, Northern Territory Government, Darwin, viewed 09 February 2012.
Wild, R & Anderson, P 2007b, Ampe Akelyernemane Mede Mekarle: ‘Little Children are Sacred’: Summary Report of the Northern Territory Board of Inquiry into the Protection of Aboriginal Children from Sexual Abuse, Northern Territory Government, Darwin, viewed 09 February 2012.
Yu, P, Duncan, ME & Gray, B 2008, Report of the NTER Review Board, Commonwealth of Australia, Canberra, viewed 14 June 2018.