You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Wills & Intestacy
Ayres, Robert, (2011) ‘Arts Law Update: Indigenous Wills Project’, Indigenous Law Bulletin, Vol. 7, No. 22, pp. 5-6.
Carrick, Damien, (2010) ‘Where there’s a will, there’s a way’, ABC Law Report (26 October 2010),
Cunneen, Chris and Schwartz, Melanie, (2008) The Family and Civil Law Needs of Aboriginal People in NSW , Final Report, Chapter 6.3, pp. 100-104
Everard, Delwyn, (2012) ‘No will, no way’, ART+law, June 2012
McGowan, Phillip, (2010) ‘Recent Amendments to the Succession Laws in New South Wales’, Elder Law Review, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 1-14.
NSW Law Reform Commission, (2007) Uniform succession laws: intestacy, Report No 116 (April 2007), Chapter 14.
Perpitch, Nicolas, ‘West Australian Aborigines challenge ‘racist’ law on wills’ National Affairs, The Australian (21 March 2012).
Vines, Prue, (1998) ‘Resting in peace?: a comparison of the legal control of bodily remains in cemeteries and Aboriginal burial grounds in Australia’, Sydney Law Review, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 78-107.
Vines, Prue, (2001) ‘Wills as Shields and Spears: the failure of intestacy law and the need for wills for customary purposes in Australia’, Indigenous Law Bulletin, Vol. 5, No. 13, pp. 16-19.
Vines, Prue, (2003) ‘When Cultures Clash: Aborigines and Inheritance in Australia’ in Gareth Miller, (ed) Frontiers of Family Law (Ashgate), pp. 98-117.
Vines, Prue, (2004) ‘Consequences of Intestacy for Indigenous people in Australia: the passing of property and burial rights’, Australian Indigenous Law Reporter, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 1 – 10.
Vines, Prue, (2007a) ‘Drafting Wills for Indigenous People: Pitfalls and Considerations’, Indigenous Law Bulletin, Vol. 6, No. 25, pp. 6-8.
Vines, Prue, (2007b) ‘The sacred and the profane: The role of property concepts in disputes about post-mortem examination’, Sydney Law Review, Vol. 29, pp. 235-261.
Vines, Prue, (2011) Making Wills for Aboriginal People in NSW, University of New South Wales Faculty of Law Research Series 2011, Working Paper 33.
Vines, Prue, (2013) Aboriginal will handbook: a practical guide to making culturally appropriate wills for Aboriginal people. Sydney: New South Wales Public Trustee and Guardian.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture