Wills & Intestacy
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- Community Resources
- Contact Us
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Ayres, Robert, (2011) ‘Arts Law Update: Indigenous Wills Project’, Indigenous Law Bulletin, Vol. 7, No. 22, pp. 5-6.
Carrick, Damien, (2010) ‘Where there’s a will, there’s a way’, ABC Law Report (26 October 2010),
Cunneen, Chris and Schwartz, Melanie, (2008) The Family and Civil Law Needs of Aboriginal People in NSW , Final Report, Chapter 6.3, pp. 100-104
Everard, Delwyn, (2012) ‘No will, no way’, ART+law, June 2012
McGowan, Phillip, (2010) ‘Recent Amendments to the Succession Laws in New South Wales’, Elder Law Review, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 1-14.
NSW Law Reform Commission, (2007) Uniform succession laws: intestacy, Report No 116 (April 2007), Chapter 14.
Perpitch, Nicolas, ‘West Australian Aborigines challenge ‘racist’ law on wills’ National Affairs, The Australian (21 March 2012).
Vines, Prue, (1998) ‘Resting in peace?: a comparison of the legal control of bodily remains in cemeteries and Aboriginal burial grounds in Australia’, Sydney Law Review, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 78-107.
Vines, Prue, (2001) ‘Wills as Shields and Spears: the failure of intestacy law and the need for wills for customary purposes in Australia’, Indigenous Law Bulletin, Vol. 5, No. 13, pp. 16-19.
Vines, Prue, (2003) ‘When Cultures Clash: Aborigines and Inheritance in Australia’ in Gareth Miller, (ed) Frontiers of Family Law (Ashgate), pp. 98-117.
Vines, Prue, (2004) ‘Consequences of Intestacy for Indigenous people in Australia: the passing of property and burial rights’, Australian Indigenous Law Reporter, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 1 – 10.
Vines, Prue, (2007a) ‘Drafting Wills for Indigenous People: Pitfalls and Considerations’, Indigenous Law Bulletin, Vol. 6, No. 25, pp. 6-8.
Vines, Prue, (2007b) ‘The sacred and the profane: The role of property concepts in disputes about post-mortem examination’, Sydney Law Review, Vol. 29, pp. 235-261.
Vines, Prue, (2011) Making Wills for Aboriginal People in NSW, University of New South Wales Faculty of Law Research Series 2011, Working Paper 33.
Vines, Prue, (2013) Aboriginal will handbook: a practical guide to making culturally appropriate wills for Aboriginal people. Sydney: New South Wales Public Trustee and Guardian.