FMPM 420 - Corporate Credit Cards
To set out the requirements relating to the establishment, approval, responsibility and management of corporate credit cards.
Establishment and review of corporate credit card arrangements
Deputy Vice Chancellor, Services and Resources
Approval to hold a corporate credit card
Corporate Credit Card Authority
Responsibility for corporate credit card
Corporate Credit Cardholder
Suspension or cancellation of a corporate credit card
Corporate Credit Card Authority or
Director, Financial and Business Services
Maintenance of a register of Corporate Credit Cardholders
Manager, Strategic Procure to Pay
Corporate Credit Card A credit card issued for University purposes and its use is subject to relevant authorities, approval rules, delegations and account expenditures being in accordance with University policy and procedure. It is distinguishable by the imprinting of the James Cook University insignia on the face of the credit card.
Corporate Credit Card Authority Is the relevant financial delegate listed within section 9.02 of the Financial Delegation Register who has the authority to issue/withdrawal and increase/decrease of respective limits of permanent and temporary University corporate credit cards to/from staff members.
Establishment and Review of Corporate Credit Card Arrangements
Subject to the approval of the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Services and Resources, the University may establish corporate credit card arrangements with a major credit card provider/(s).
The corporate credit card arrangements must be periodically reviewed by the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Services and Resources,
The corporate credit card arrangements entered into with the card issuer should:
- allow individual monthly credit limits to be applied;
- allow industry/merchant category blocks;
- provide for security against unauthorised use;
- not involve the University in any liability for unauthorised use of individual cards;
- be in the name of the University;
- have a direct debit facility for the automatic payment of monthly corporate credit card accounts in full; and
- provide daily enhanced data feeds to the University’s Travel and Expense Management System (TEMS) provider.
Corporate Credit Cardholder Responsibilities
Subsequent to the Corporate Credit Card Authority approval to hold a corporate credit card, a card will be issued in accordance with FMPM Procedure 421 – Corporate Credit Cards and Expense Reimbursements.
Corporate credit cardholders are accountable for:
- all transactions undertaken on the card;
- the safe custody of the card;
- ensuring all expenditure is for official University business purposes only and is used in accordance with the following policies and procedures:
- FMPM 740 – Travel Policy
- FMPM 741 – Travel Procedure
- FMPM Procedure 421 – Corporate Credit Cards and Expense Reimbursements
- FMPM 710 – Procurement Policy
- FMPM 711 – Procurement Procedure and
- any other relevant University policy and procedure.
The corporate credit card must not be used for any purpose that is of a personal or private nature.
Corporate credit card transactions must be acquitted in accordance with FMPM Procedure 421 – Corporate Credit Cards and Expense Reimbursements.
The return of a corporate credit card must be in accordance with FMPM Procedure 421 – Corporate Credit Cards and Expense Reimbursements.
Suspension or Cancellation of Corporate Credit Cards
A corporate credit card may be suspended or cancelled by the Corporate Credit Card Authority or the Director, Financial and Business Services in accordance with FMPM Procedure 421 – Corporate Credit Cards and Expense Reimbursements.
Corporate Credit Card Register
The Director, Financial and Business Services is responsible for maintaining a Corporate Credit Card Register detailing:
- the name of the corporate credit cardholder;
- the monthly limit on the credit card; and
- the transaction limit on the credit card (if purchasing delegation has been authorised).
Related documents, legislation or JCU Statutes
State Procurement Policy 2017 (published by the Queensland Government)
For enquiries in relation to this FMPM Policy please contact: email@example.com
Deputy Vice Chancellor, Services and Resources
Date for next review
|18-2||21/12/2018||21/12/2018||Amended to refer to delegated authority as the 'Corporate Credit Card Authority' instead of position roles||Director, Financial and Business Services|
|18-1||09/03/2018||30/04/2018||Changes made to reflect headline restructure 30/04/2018.||Quality, Standards and Policy|
Amended to incorporate changes to the JCU expense management system and travel policy and procedures.
Director Financial and Business Services
Policy Sponsor and Approval Authority updated to reflect the approved Policy and Delegations Framework
Quality Standards and Policy Unit
There are no other related documents.