You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Policy Vehicle Log Sheets Procedure 29
Vehicle Log Sheets Procedure 29
Vehicle Section Internal Procedure 29
To ensure that all vehicle log sheets are completed in detail for all James Cook University (JCU) owned vehicles and to provide guidelines and appropriate controls for vehicle log sheets to ensure they are effectively managed on an on-going basis.
This procedure applies to responsible business units.
Long Term Use Vehicle - a vehicle on long term use with another Division/College
Departmental Vehicle - a vehicle that has been financed solely by a specific Division/College
Fleet Vehicle - a Vehicle (excluding an Executive Vehicle) owned by the University which forms part of the University’s vehicle fleet
Log Sheet - a detailed sheet listing all drivers’ journey details
Vehicle Section – the Vehicle Section of the Estate Directorate
Each JCU vehicle will contain a folder which includes the following:
- Vehicle Log Sheet - this is to be completed at the beginning and on completion of each journey/hire, or on change of driver, providing full details including starting and finishing odometer readings.
- Fuel Card - are issued for each vehicle. Fuel can be purchased at either Caltex and/or BP service stations.
- RACQ Fleet care Key Tag - is to be used in the event of any vehicle breakdowns that may occur.
- Vehicle Accident Report Form - this form details information to be collected in the event of an accident. Preferably at the scene of the accident or within a 24hour reporting period.
- Critical Incident Report - this form details the process and contact details for a critical incident.
- At the end of each month, drivers must send the vehicle log sheets and all fuel receipts to Vehicle section either via email to email@example.com or internal post addressed to Vehicle Section James Cook University, where all documentation will be kept on file for audit purposes.
- Drivers must complete log sheet details on at least a daily basis and must detail each journey separately, particularly where there has been more than one driver. College Managers are responsible for ensuring that employees are aware of the importance of accurately completing log sheets at the completion of each trip and are forwarded to Vehicle Section at the end of each month.
Note: Vehicles allocated to a particular driver and used solely by that driver are responsible for completing their own log sheets and forwarding their log sheets and fuel receipts to Vehicle Section at the end of every month.
- A routine review of log sheets will be undertaken biannually by the Vehicle Section to ensure all details have been completed, signed and logged in the appropriate manner.
Related policy instruments
Related documents and legislation
James Cook University Critical Incident Policy
NOTE: Printed copies of this procedure are uncontrolled, and currency can only be assured at the time of printing.
Deputy Vice Chancellor, Services and Resources
Date for next Major Review
NOTE: A minor amendment will not result in a change of the next major review date.
Approval date - the date the Policy Sponsor approved the establishment, minor or major amendment or disestablishment
Implementation Date - the date the procedure was published in the Policy Library and is the date the procedure takes effect
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture