JCU Sport eSport
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Fish Passage Planning and Design
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Tropical Queensland Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Get your game face on at the only university eSports facility in North Queensland!
The set up
This all new gaming facility is equipped for you to show up and show out. With 10 Alienware pro gaming computers in common area and another 5 in the competition area*, all with 25” 240hz monitors, and state-of-the-art lighting, you can immerse yourself in the game of your choice. The current downloads include Valorant, League of Legends, Dota 2, and Fortnite – with plans for more!
Your gaming experience will be top of the line. The Alienware desktop computers have RTX graphics cards, 1GB/s downloads, and sub 40ms ping times.
Console gamers, we haven't forgotten you! We have BYO console TVs for console gamers, a Pro area for your squad to team up, and the option of BYO favourite peripherals to make your gaming experience even better. Livestream your session to share your strategies and victories or display your session on the big screen.
Don't forget to grab your headset before you head over!
*COVID restrictions apply. The current space allows for 11 people.
JCU students and staff members can head over to Building 4, Room 005C at JCU Townsville, Douglas any time day or night*. Just swipe your JCU staff or student card to access the gaming room of your dreams. The best part? No bookings necessary. Just rock up, log in, and play away!
This space is purely for JCU gamers. No classes, no boring software, no general public access. This is the place to come relax, hang out, and smash your goals in a state-of-the-art facility.
*Except between 6-7am and 1-2pm for COVID cleaning.
The Wi-Fi isn't the only important connection in this space. This room brings together people of similar interests; this is an opportunity for you to make groups and teams that can enhance the time you spend inside and outside of the eSports space.
Keep up to date with eSport at JCU by watching this space, and joining or following JCU Sport.