How to upload a YouTube clip
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
Scholarships @ JCU
- Browse Scholarships
- JCU Access Fund
- International Students
- Forms, Links & Policies
- Financial Support
- Contact Us
- Australian Lions Stinger Research Grant
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- Destination Australia Scholarship - Domestic
- Destination Australia Scholarship - International
- Dr Peter Crossman Scholarship
- Elizabeth Pearse Music Scholarship
- Hunter Research Project Support Grant
- JCU Deans' Scholarship
- JCU Halls of Residence Bursary
- Leo and Mabel Barnett French Travel Grant
- North Queensland Gas Pipeline Regional Women's Scholarship
- Romina Fujii Torres Strait Health Development Scholarship
- Ross River Solar Farm Regional Women's Scholarship
- Stabler Howlett Placement Bursary
- The George Alexander Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship
- The Wood Scholarship
- Townsville Fire Scholarship
- Townsville Hospital & Health Service Scholarship
- Youth Justice First Nations Scholarship
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTD
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
To submit a video you can upload to You Tube and create a link.
The video (link) can only be seen when you share the link. Follow these instructions:
Practice as many times as you want to so that you include all the content required.
Your content should explain:
- Why are you applying for the scholarship and how do you believe the scholarship will assist you?
- What do you believe are the key areas for building resilient regional and remote communities?
- How will you play a role in building resilient regional and remote communities following graduation?
The clip should be a maximum of 3 minutes in length.
Applications will not be assessed on the quality of your video - we are expecting footage to be shot on your mobile, tablet or laptop.
Once you are happy with your clip, save it as an .MP4 file.
Open You Tube and Sign in or create an account if you don't already have one.
Upload your video
- You can either Upload video or Go live, we would recommend you practise first and save your video to upload.
Before you Select files to upload, make sure you choose the
Unlisted option - this is very Important this will ensure that only people who have the video's direct like can access it.
You can either select your video from where it is saved, or you can just drag and drop your file as above.
Once you have selected or dragged your video, you should see the upload screen:
- Navigate to the Advanced settings tab
- un-tick the sharing options to match the example below
Once your video has finished processing click the "Done" button
You will then see the following message:
Upload completed. Your video will be ready at https:your video link * make sure you keep this link.
You have successfully upload a (unlisted, private) Video to YouTube.
* Copy the YouTube video link into your QCoal online scholarship application