AusAsian Mental Health Research Group Our Projects AASP 2019 Small Group Conference Scientific Program
AASP 2019 Scientific Program
- Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders in Marine Science
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Reputation and Experience
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- JCU Aquaculture Solutions
- AusAsian Mental Health Research Group
- Area 61
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- JCU-CSIRO Partnership
- Employability Edge
- Career Ready Plan
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- WHOCC for N&M Education and Research
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Cyclone Testing Station
- The Centre for Disaster Studies
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Research Division
- Services and Resources Division
- Education Division
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Financial and Business Services Office
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Engagement
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- Inherent Requirements
- IsoTropics Geochemistry Lab
- IT Services
- International Schools
- International Students
- JCU Connect
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Events
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Ideas Lab
- JCU Job Ready
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- JCU Turtle Health Research
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Mabo Decision: 30 years on
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Virtual Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to university
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Contextual Science for Tropical Coastal Ecosystems
- State of the Tropics
- Strategic Procurement
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Student profiles
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Townsville Venue: 025.001 - Map
Cairns Venue (Video Conference - 10am-5pm): A4.105 - Map
Singapore Venue (Video Conference - 8am-3pm Singapore time): Day 1 A3.01; Day 2 C4.14 - Map
ZOOM link information:
- Link: https://jcu.zoom.us/j/233130753
- Skype for Business (Lync): https://jcu.zoom.us/skype/233130753
- +61 8 7150 1149 (AU Toll)
- +61 2 8015 2088 (AU Toll)
- +65 3165 1065 (SG Toll)
- +65 3158 7288 (SG Toll)
- International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/aYckweoB
- Meeting ID: 233 130 753
Book of Abstracts
Day 1 - 28 June, 2019
Japanese Taiko Drumming by St Mary Margarete College, Townsville, Australia
Conference Opening Address
Professor Dean Jerry; James Cook University, Singapore
From everyday life to social change: The role of the scholar activist.
Professor Darrin Hodgetts, University of Massey, New Zealand.
The effect of work stressors, stress recovery and work-family conflict on employee wellbeing and burnout.
Martina Mae Schlittler & Doctor Divjyot Kaur, James Cook University, Singapore.
Understanding the Underserved through an Action Learning Project.
Associate Professor Wendy Li, Megan Balgue, Renee Ericksen & Danielle Smallacombe, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia.
Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of risk factors of the forgotten parent.
Doctor Jasleen Chhabra, Associate Professor Wendy Li, Professor Brett McDermott, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia.
Positive psychology for the underprivileged: Lessons from the tropics.
Professor Annalakshmi Narayanan, Bharathiar University, India.
Exploring Explicit & Implicit Attitudes towards Mental Illness-A Study of Psychology and Non-psychology students.
Sri Valli C & Doctor Smita Singh, James Cook University, Singapore.
Keeping our relationship blooming in adversity: Interpretative phenomenological study of socio-political stressors and long-term relationship resilience in gay men in Singapore.
Muhamad Alif Bin Ibrahim & Doctor Joanna Barlas, James Cook University, Singapore.
Understanding Chinese Dying in North Queensland: Developing a Chinese Palliative Care Cultural Competence Education Resource Toolkit.
Quan Zhou, Townsville Hospital & Flinders University, Australia.
Day 2 - 29 June, 2019
|Registration and Morning Tea|
Community Resilience and Unity in Disasters: Townsville Intercultural Conversations 2019.
Acknowledgement: Townsville Mayor’s Community Assistance Fund.
Chair: Ms Donna-Maree Maxwell
10:00-10:15 Chinese lion dancing
10:15-12:00 Community Presentations:
Refugee mental health and community attitudes towards refugees.
Associate Professor Wendy Li, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia.
Testing the newly developed Relationship Self-Sabotage Scale on a sample of English-speaking Asians.
Raquel Peel, Associate Professor Nerina Caltabiano, Doctor Beryl Buckby, & Doctor Kerry McBain, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia.
A Literature Review – The Challenges Faced by International University Students: Retention, Mental Health, and Related Factors.
Doctor Timothy Leow, Townsville Hospital, Australia.
University Wellbeing Programme - Positive Psychology Interventions integrated into University Classes.
Tarli Young, The University of Queensland, Australia.
Non-Fatal Deliberate Self-Harm in three remote Indigenous communities of Far North Queensland.
Chris Rouen, James Cook University, Cairns, Australia.
|16:15-16:25||Best Student Paper Award|
Conference Closing Address
A population-based approach to Mental Health: the Townsville Mentally Healthy City Project.
Professor Brett McDermott, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia.