You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Rapid Assessment Unit Staff, Skills & Expertise
Staff, Skills & Expertise
The Rapid Assessment Unit comprises staff from the Queensland Government's Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (QDAF) and James Cook University. Our expertise is shared across these two organisations.
Our JCU team brings excellence in
- Physics & spectroscopy
- Statistics & data sciences
- Instrumentation & automation
- Brett Wedding
- Steve Grauf
- Dr Carol Wright
- Dr David Poulsen
Our QDAF team brings excellence in
- Food Technology
- Mathematics & statistics
- Non-invasive assessment technologies (commenced in the field of NIR Spectroscopy in 1994).
The Rapid Assessment Unit links with selected industry partners to assist in the development and commercialisation of non-invasive technologies to rapidly and non-destructively evaluate agricultural and fisheries products.