Located in the heart of the CBD at 36 Shields Street, between Grafton and Lake Street. The innovative Cairns City Campus has been designed to deliver a diverse range of facilities and services for the university, business and community organisations. The nearly 1000 square metre, three storey campus is used for a variety of purposes.
About the City Campus
- Boasting a range of innovative, flexible study, learning and teaching, meeting and informal gathering spaces. It includes a Collaborative Learning Area, which features the latest technology and design to promote flexible learning and innovation.
- It features a “moot court” with e-court facilities. It allows JCU to provide practical training to its law students in the latest methods of evidence management.
- The campus includes a boardroom with videoconferencing allowing JCU to engage directly with business and the local community. The facilities can be used to host seminars and functions. Business groups and other external community organisations are able to hire the facilities.
- The CBD campus can host short courses for businesses seeking staff professional development.
- The campus features extremely high speed internet. Students are welcome to drop in and use the facility for study, and can bring their own devices or use the computers available in the Student Spaces on ground floor and level 1. A printer is also located on ground floor and level 1 for student use.
- The Welcome Lounge is located on the ground floor and is coordinated by the Client Service Officers. The team can provide advice and assistance on a range of student enquiries, including applying to JCU, course and subject advice, admissions and re-admissions, enrolment help, fees and financial information, student loans, examinations, timetables, scholarship information, support services, graduation, as well as information about the Cairns City Campus facilities and access requirements.
Facilities and Room Bookings
There are a number of facilities which can be hired by the general public. These include:
- Small meeting rooms (18 people)
- Boardroom/Moot Court (22 people)
- Collaborative Learning Area (80 people)
You can take a virtual tour of some of these facilities or you can enquire about hiring them. Read the Important Information about the Cairns City Campus before placing an enquiry.
Contacts and Open Hours
The City Campus is accessible: 7 days a week from 7.30am – 12 midnight
The Welcome Lounge is open and staff are available: Monday – Friday from 9am-5pm.
For enquiries about the City Campus call 07 4232 2300.
For all other student service enquiries or JCU enquiries call 07 4232 1000 or freecall (within Australia) 1800 246 446.
What's on at the City Campus
|Monday 23 October 2017||11:00am - 1:00pm Dr Reid - Clix|
|Tuesday 24 October 2017||9:30am - 11:00am Dr Hartslief - ECG Revision|
|Tuesday 24 October 2017||1:00pm - 2:30pm Dr Reid - Clix|
|Wednesday 25 October 2017||12:00pm - 3:00pm Dr Reid - Clix|
|Wednesday 25 October 2017||1:00pm - 5:00pm NM2570 Practical|
|Wednesday 25 October 2017||4:00pm - 7:00pm LA3004 Lecture & Tutorial|
|Thursday 26 October 2017||7:30am - 1:00pm Dr Martin - Year 4 Clix|
|Thursday 26 October 2017||12:30pm - 2:00pm Dr Butler - CPC|
|Thursday 26 October 2017||12:30pm - 2:30pm Oral Case Presentations|
|Thursday 26 October 2017||2:00pm - 3:00pm Dr Wilson - CPC|
|Thursday 26 October 2017||2:30pm - 3:30pm Dr Pandey - Yr 4 Lecture|
|Thursday 26 October 2017||6:00pm - 9:00pm LA5228 Lecture & Tutorial|
|Friday 27 October 2017||8:00am - 11:00am Dr Dixon - Year 4 Pathology|
|Friday 27 October 2017||11:00am - 3:30pm Year 4 Clix Exam|