36 Shield Street, Cairns
07 4232 2300
Welcome Lounge open 9:00am to 5:00pm | Monday to Friday
Ground Floor and Level 1 open 7:30am to midnight | Monday to Sunday
Bookable Room ID
|Basement||Carpark - 2 spaces available for visitors||CCC-CAR1|
|Student Study Area|| |
|Male and female toilets|| |
Collaborative Learning Area
|Moot Court/Board Room||CCC-111|
Male and female toilets
|Level 3||Office - 2 Office spaces available||CCC-312|
- A secure lift located on the ground floor provides access to the campus. Visitors should arrange access through the Welcome Lounge. (See Access to Campus)
- Toilets are located on Ground Floor and Level 1.
- Parking in the CBD is limited, visitors and students are encouraged to utilize free parking where possible. Parking in centre medians is free but time restricted. There are paid parking options available at the following locations;
- Lake Street Multi-Storey carpark - Open 24 hours per day / 7 days per week: $1.00 per hour from 7:30am to 7:30pm Monday tp Friday. Free all day Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
- Hartley Street carpark: $3.00 per day
- Southern Esplanade carpark: $1.20 per hour
- Grafton Street North carpark: $1.20 per hour
- Bunda Street carpark: $2.00 per day
- Evacuation diagrams are located on each floor. Further information can be found by viewing the Emergency Evacuation Procedures. The Event organiser is responsible for ensuring all participants have an understanding of the Emergency Evacuation procedures.
Access to Campus
BUSINESS, COMMUNITY GROUPS AND VISITORS
- Access can be arranged by contacting the Client Services Officers at the Welcome Lounge on 4232 2300 or
- Security swipe cards are required to access the Campus and can be returned to the Client Services Officers at the Welcome Lounge prior to 5pm.
- The event organiser is required to arrange and coordinate access for all participants and guests
- A staff ID is required to access all levels
- Staff access is to be requested by submitting a MEX request
- All catering supplies including tea and coffee are to be supplied by the event organiser
- Level 1 kitchen includes 1 bar fridge, 1 bar freezer, 1 microwave, a dishwasher and a hot/cold water dispenser
- Approval for alcohol consumption prior to an event is required and must comply with the Alcohol Consumption on University Property Policy and Procedure
Set up and Cleaning
- Air Conditioning operates on a timer system. Notices are located within the Campus identifying the after-hours buttons.
- Equipment and furniture should be returned to original position and whiteboards left free of text.
- Signage on walls at the ground floor entrance is not permitted by the Building Manager.
- All material and stationery are to be supplied by the Event Organiser.
- Kitchen/s and meeting spaces are to be left clean and tidy by the event organiser. Kitchenware should be cleaned in dishwasher and catering platters removed from the Campus. A fee may be imposed to cover cleaning costs if the space is left untidy.
- Waste including leftover food should be placed in rubbish bins. Bins are provided on each level. Seafood must be double bagged and disposed of directly into the industrial rubbish bin (located in the basement carpark).
Mobile 112 or External Phone 000
Internal Phone, dial 0 for an outside line, then 000
City Campus Manager
Report any non-technical issues
4781 5388 (Internal Ext 15388)
Access and general enquiries
4232 2300 (Internal Ext 22300)
Request/Check/Confirm bookings and request AV services if required
JCU Staff: Book online at Web Room Booker
External Bookings: Request by emailing email@example.com
NQ Security Services
|Any security issues or concerns after business hours||Ph: 4041 7466|
Any security issues or concerns
Mob: 0419 677 874
AV Technical support
Ph: 4232 1063 (Internal Ext 21063)
Cleaning related issues
Facilities Management Office
Information on alcohol consumption policy and procedures