- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Over 4,000 students study at JCU Cairns, including about 380 international students.
The campus location is spectacular – surrounded on three sides by rainforest-covered mountains. Located near the northern beaches in the suburb of Smithfield, the campus is 15 kilometres (9 miles) north of the city centre.
JCU Cairns houses state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities in an attractive setting. Facilities include an impressive library and information technology building, health science and science laboratories, student refectory, café, licensed bar, gym, sporting oval and basketball court.
With over two million visitors annually, Cairns is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Australia. Attractions include two World Heritage natural environments – the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and the Wet Tropics ancient rainforests; nearby resort regions include Port Douglas and Mission Beach; the picturesque Atherton Tablelands and outback Queensland are within easy reach.
Find out more on a guided tour of JCU Cairns.