College of Healthcare Sciences Student Resources Student Assistance Directory (SES) – Who Do I Contact?

Apply now

Student Assistance Directory (SES) – Who Do I Contact?

Student Services

Our Student Centre is the number one point of student contact. Our staff will provide advice on courses, enrolment, subjects, fees, support services, scholarships, exams and even directions.

  • Townsville: phone 07 4781 5255 or freecall (within Australia) 1800 246 446.
  • Cairns: phone 07 4232 1000 or freecall (within Australia) 1800 246 446.
  • Email:

If you have a question, check out AskUs – it’s a 24/7 online enquiry database with more than 1,000 commonly asked questions. The system has information on enrolments, applying to JCU, fees, scholarships, social events, calendars – everything!

Staff List

See the JCU Directory for our current Sport and Exercise Science Academic Staff List

Coordinator and Support Roles



For all subject enquiries please contact your Subject Coordinator - refer to your Subject Outline for contact details or see Subject Search Search by subject code
Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science Course Coordinator
A/Prof Fiona Barnett
Bachelor of Exercise Physiology (Clinical) Course Coordinator
Ms Lisa Simmons
Academic Advisor
Dr Denise Turner
Year 1 Coordinator
Dr Denise Turner
Honours Coordinator
Mr Wade Sinclair 
Clinical Practice Coordinator
Mr Brian Heilbronn
Master of  Clinical Exercise Physiology Course Coordinator
A/Prof Fiona Barnett

Clinical Placement Enquiries
Timetable/Class Registration Enquiries
CHS Timetabling Team

Pre-Placement Officers

Professional Placement Unit

Enrolment Team

JCU Student Services

College Enquiries

College of Healthcare Sciences

College Student Support Officers

Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
Learning Advisors
The Learning Centre
Online contact form
Library Liaisons
Division of Tropical Health & Medicine
Online appointments
JCU Counsellors
Student Equity and Wellbeing Unit
Online appointments
Student Advocacy Officers
JCU Student Association
Higher Degree Research
Graduate Research School