You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Graduation Australian Higher Education Graduation Statements
Australian Higher Education Graduation Statements
JCU issues Graduation Statements to students graduating from award courses.
The Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) describes a higher education qualification in an easily understandable way, relating it to the system in which it was issued and describing qualifications in a clear and consistent way to potential employers and other higher education institutions. It is intended to make Australian awards better understood internationally, and to thereby enhance the mobility of Australian graduates and Australia’s competitiveness in the international higher education market.
The AHEGS presents the graduate’s academic achievements related to a particular award, in addition to details on the type of award, the awarding institution and a description of the Australian higher education system.
Graduation Statements are award specific, therefore students who graduate with more than one award will receive a separate AHEGS for each award.
Graduation Statements issued by JCU comply with the requirements of Australian government’s Guidelines for the presentation of Australian Higher Education Graduation Statements.
Further information about the Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement can be found on the Australian Government’s web page.
If you have further questions about the AHEGS please contact the Student Centre.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is eligible for a Graduation Statement?
Students graduating from an award course at any JCU Campus on or after 18 December 2010 will be issued an AHEGS. Students who graduated prior to this date are not eligible to receive Graduation Statements.
When are they issued?
Graduation Statements form part of the documentation that is provided to you once you have been conferred. It will be uploaded via My eQuals, which allows you to digitally view your Graduation Statement (AHEGS), and allows you to share this digital document with anyone you choose (e.g. employer, interested third party, family), at any time and control how long they are able to review your records for. These digital documents are only considered authentic when accessed via My eQuals.
Is there a cost?
No. The Graduation Statement is issued free of charge to graduating students. Further copies can be obtained for a fee after your graduation date by completing the Application for Graduation Statement form.
Can I order more copies?
Yes. Further copies of the Graduation Statement can be obtained after your graduation date by completing the Application for Graduation Statement form.
What information is included on the AHEGS?
The AHEGS includes:
- Student’s name and ID number
- The name of award conferred and some information about the course, including: length of course, language of instruction and admission requirements.
- Information about the awarding institution (JCU)
- Details of the subjects and grades, plus any advanced standing that contributed to the award, including a key to grading.
- Description of the Australian higher education system.
Does the Graduation Statement replace the academic record?
No. The Graduation Statement is issued only after an award has been completed, and contains only information that is relevant to that award. Academic records can still be requested by students at any stage during their studies, and will continue to contain a record of all studies undertaken at JCU whether or not those studies lead to the presentation of an award.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture