Graduation Graduation Documents
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTD
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Students graduating from an award course at James Cook University (JCU) will be provided with a digital copy of their Testamur and Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) within a week of their conferral date. These documents can be accessed and shared via My eQuals.
Students will be presented with a hard copy of their Testamur and Alumni Certificate at their Graduation Ceremony. Students who do not attend the Ceremony will have these documents posted to their Graduation Address within 2 weeks of their Ceremony.
James Cook University Testamur
A Testamur is the legal certification of a degree that is presented upon graduation from James Cook University. A Testamur will include the full legal name of the student, the conferral date and the award title.
Australian Higher Education Graduation Statements
The Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) describes a higher education qualification in an easily understandable way, relating it to the system in which it was issued and describing qualifications in a clear and consistent way to potential employers and other higher education institutions. It is intended to make Australian awards better understood internationally, and to thereby enhance the mobility of Australian graduates and Australia’s competitiveness in the international higher education market.
The AHEGS presents the graduate’s academic achievements related to a particular award, in addition to details on the type of award, the awarding institution and a description of the Australian higher education system.
Graduation Statements are award specific, therefore students who graduate with more than one award will receive a separate AHEGS for each award.
Graduation Statements issued by JCU comply with the requirements of Australian government’s Guidelines for the presentation of Australian Higher Education Graduation Statements.
Further information about the Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement can be found on the Australian Government’s web page.
An Alumni flyer provided with details of the James Cook University Alumni Association.
Please visit our Ask Us page for a list of Graduation FAQs, or to ask any other question you may have about your graduation documents.