Graduation Academic records
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- AusAsian Mental Health Research Group
- Area 61
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- WHOCC for N&M Education and Research
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Cyclone Testing Station
- The Centre for Disaster Studies
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Research Division
- Services and Resources Division
- Education Division
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Financial and Business Services Office
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- Inherent Requirements
- IsoTropics Geochemistry Lab
- IT Services
- International Schools
- International Students
- JCU Connect
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Events
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Ideas Lab
- JCU Job Ready
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- JCU Turtle Health Research
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Mabo Decision: 30 years on
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Virtual Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to university
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Contextual Science for Tropical Coastal Ecosystems
- State of the Tropics
- Strategic Procurement
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Student profiles
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- Indigenous Engagement
An official academic record is the official record of your JCU enrolment. It details:
- All courses and subjects studied
- Credit points
- Grade Point Average (GPA) for each year
- The overall GPA for your studies
If you have graduated, it will also include the date your award was conferred.
Request an official academic record
Academic Records are produced according to your current academic status and will include all courses and subjects that you are or have been enrolled in.
If you want your results and/or graduation conferral details to appear on your record, please check your My Results and Graduations tab in eStudent to confirm that the desired details have been released before submitting your application.
Complete and pay via the Application for Academic Record form.
Costs and payment
|Academic record (first copy) - Standard Service*||$20|
|Academic record (first copy) - Fast Track Service**||$30|
|Additional copies||$5 each|
|My eQuals digital copy - Standard Service *||$15 (no delivery fee)|
|My eQuals digital copy - Fast Track Service **||$25 (no delivery fee)|
|Express post within Australia||$10|
*produced within 5 working days
**produced within 1 working day
Your hard-copy academic record will be posted to the address nominated on your request form.
My eQuals digital copy
My eQuals is a platform that allows you to digitally view your Academic Record. It allows you to share digital documents with anyone you choose (e.g. employer, family, friend, interested third party), at any time and control how long they can review your records for.
Accessing documents on My eQuals is easy:
- Complete an Application for Academic Record
- Once you have received confirmation that your Academic Record has been processed and paid for, create an account on the My eQuals website.
Note: the email address used to create your account must match the one nominated on your academic record request form.
- Once you have logged in, view your documents available.
Note: My eQuals documents are digitally signed by the University's registered approving officer.
These digital documents are only considered authentic when accessed via My eQuals. If the document is printed, they are no longer considered an official record.
Please visit AskUs for more My eQuals troubleshooting questions.
Standard processing time is within five working days, unless a fast track (produced within one working day) request is submitted.
If you commenced your studies prior to 2008, your request may require more processing time (5 – 10 working days). You will be notified if this is the case.
Official academic records are printed on blue JCU security paper without alterations or erasures and are certified by the Director, Student Services.When photocopied or electronically scanned, the word ‘COPY’ appears prominently across the front of the document. The micro-printing security line, which reads ‘James Cook University’ under magnification, is not legible on a copy.
Unofficial academic record
You can obtain an unofficial academic record (listing your subjects and results) via eStudent:
- Log into eStudent
- Go to Results and Graduation, click on ‘results’ and then ‘continue’
- Select ‘email my complete academic record’
Your unofficial academic record will be sent to your JCU email account.Students no longer studying at JCU who do not have an active ‘my.jcu’ email address or access to eStudent will need to apply for an official Academic Record.
If you need any further information, please email email@example.com.