Graduation Academic records

Academic records

* Please be advised that the Fast Track Service will be temporarily unavailable on the 24 May 2024 due to system upgrades *

An official academic record is the official record of your JCU enrolment. It details:

If you have graduated, it will also include the date your award was conferred.

Request an official academic record

Academic Records are produced according to your current academic status and will include all courses and subjects that you are or have been enrolled in.

If you want your results and/or graduation conferral details to appear on your record, please check your My Results and Graduations tab in eStudent to confirm that the desired details have been released before submitting your application.

Complete and pay via the Application for Academic Record form.

Costs and payment

Academic record (first copy) - Standard Service* $20
Academic record (first copy) - Fast Track Service** $30
Additional copies $5 each
My eQuals digital copy - Standard Service * $15 (no delivery fee)
My eQuals digital copy - Fast Track Service ** $25 (no delivery fee)
Express post within Australia $10
International Express $45

*produced within 5 working days
**produced within 1 working day

Your hard-copy academic record will be posted to the address nominated on your request form.

My eQuals digital copy

My eQuals is a platform that allows you to digitally view your Academic Record. It allows you to share digital documents with anyone you choose (e.g. employer, family, friend, interested third party), at any time and control how long they can review your records for.

Accessing documents on My eQuals is easy:

  1. Complete an Application for Academic Record
  2. Once you have received confirmation that your Academic Record has been processed and paid for, create an account on the My eQuals website.
    Note: the email address used to create your account must match the one nominated on your academic record request form.
  3. Once you have logged in, view your documents available.

Note: My eQuals documents are digitally signed by the University's registered approving officer. 

These digital documents are only considered authentic when accessed via My eQuals. If the document is printed, they are no longer considered an official record.

Please visit AskUs for more My eQuals troubleshooting questions.

Processing time

Standard processing time is within five working days, unless a fast track (produced within one working day) request is submitted.

If you commenced your studies prior to 2008, your request may require more processing time (5 – 10 working days). You will be notified if this is the case.

Certified copies

Official academic records are printed on blue JCU security paper without alterations or erasures and are certified by the Director, Student Services.When photocopied or electronically scanned, the word ‘COPY’ appears prominently across the front of the document. The micro-printing security line, which reads ‘James Cook University’ under magnification, is not legible on a copy.

Unofficial academic record

You can obtain an unofficial academic record (listing your subjects and results) via eStudent:

  • Log into eStudent
  • Go to Results and Graduation, click on ‘results’ and then ‘continue’
  • Select ‘email my complete academic record’

Your unofficial academic record will be sent to your JCU email account.Students no longer studying at JCU who do not have an active ‘my.jcu’ email address or access to eStudent will need to apply for an official Academic Record.

Further information

If you need any further information, please email