Borrow and Renew
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- One Search
- A-Z Databases
- Books, DVDs & More
- Journal Articles
- Subject Guides
- Past Exams
- Research Online @ JCU
- Open Access Resources
- Subject Guides
- Online Information Skills Training
- LinkedIn Learning
- Endnote Library Guide
- Copyright - About the JCU Copyright section
- Copyright Officer for the University
- For Undergraduate Students
- For Postgraduate Students
- For Lecturers
- Copyright - Fair Dealing
- ePortfolios & Copyright
- Copyright, the Internet and Music
- Copyright - Creative Commons
- Copyright - Creating Works
- Copyright Warning Notices for Staff
- Copyright Acronyms and Terminology
- ResearchOnline@JCU - Copyright
- Helpful Copyright Links and Resources
- The Learning Centre
- Referencing Library Guide
- Annotated Bibliography
- Literature Reviews
- I am a
- Special Collections
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- This is Uni
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Borrow from the Library
- JCU staff and students - borrowing
JCU staff and students do not need to join the Library. Your staff/student card is your Library card. It is required for all transactions
- Intercampus Service
Requesting non-borrowable items, print journal articles held at another JCU campus.
- Hold Requests
How to request items.
- Interlibrary Loans & Document Supply to other institutions (Physical Loans are currently suspended due to COVID-19)
James Cook University Library provides loans and copies of most library items to other libraries both in Australia and overseas.
- Theses Sales & Loans
All inquiries for a loan or purchase of a thesis are considered on a case-by-case-basis.
- Multimedia Equipment Loans
Borrow video and digital cameras, voice recorders, datashows etc.
- Borrowing as an Off Campus Student
Off Campus Library Services are available to JCU students and staff residing in Australia but who live further than 50 kilometres from either the JCU Townsville or Cairns Campuses.
- eBook Guide
Many of our books are available online as eBooks. These books are provided by different companies, and may appear and work differently depending on the provider and the access conditions for that book. This guide provides advice and information regarding reading, downloading and “borrowing” our eBooks.
Returns, renewals, fines and your library account
- Library notices
Information on how the Library communicates with clients.
- Your Library account
Access your library account to view the items you have borrowed, your hold requests and to renew.
- Fines and Penalties
Fines and penalties associated with overdue, damaged and lost library items.
- Returns and Renewals
How to return and renew loans.
Borrow from other libraries
- Interlibrary Loans Service
How to obtain material not held at JCU libraries.
- Reciprocal Borrowing
Reciprocal borrowing privileges for JCU staff and students at participating institutions.
- Film Loans - 16mm, DVD, Blu-ray & VHS
Eligibility, conditions, links to film libraries.
Not a JCU student or staff member?
- JCU Alumni
JCU alumni and graduates are welcome to continue their access to the Library collection.
- Community members
Individual and corporate members of the public are welcome to visit or join the Library. Senior students (years 11 and 12) can sign up to become community members for a reduced fee.
- Reciprocal members
Reciprocal borrowing is available to staff and students of cooperating Universities under the University Libraries Australia Scheme.