You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Equity and Inclusion
In partnership with local Faith Communities, the JCU Multifaith Chaplaincy Centre supports and encourages JCU students and staff in their spiritual lives and encourages them in practicing their faith.
The Chaplaincy Centres are a free service provided by JCU. They provide a neutral space for religious expression, and are available to all students and staff via booking or drop-in.
Cairns Chaplaincy Centre activities
The Cairns JCU Multifaith Chaplaincy has a New Multifaith Prayer Room, located in Room A4.032.2. Swipe card access is required for entry and washing facilities are available in the A4 ground level amenities. The new facility does not require booking and is accessible 7am-9pm daily.
Townsville Chaplaincy Centre activities
The Townsville JCU Multifaith Chaplaincy is located across the road from the Student Mall and is open 7am-9pm every day. The Chaplain is available 9am-4pm for appointments or drop-in every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday during semesters.
The Townsville Chaplaincy Centre has four rooms available for bookings by students. Additionally, we have a dedicated Muslim Prayer Room for males and a dedicated Muslim Prayer Room for females. We also have bathroom facilities (with showers for prayer requirements) and a kitchen with a microwave, fridge and freezer, with seating for up to 10 people. To book our facilities please fill out the form in the tab below.
There are many groups running various faith-related activities within the Townsville Campus’ Chaplaincy Centre. Please feel free to use the contact details below to enquire about the activities or to join the group.
|Mindfulness Meditation||001||Tuesday 1pm-2pm||Drop-In Session|
|Tharlam Buddhist Meditation||001||Tuesday 6pm-9pm|
0499 026 184
|Vipassana Meditation||001||Wednesday 5:30pm-6:30pm||Jacqueline Lau|
|Streams International Bible Study||001||Thursday 7pm-8pm||Tanya Tan|
0472 583 030
|Gilgal Temple Bible Study and Prayer||001||Friday 5pm-7pm||Albert Rwagasore|
0469 404 208
|Shrilankan Buddhist Meditation||001 & 010||Saturday 7pm-9pm||Shirley Manatunga|
0458 169 023
|Gilgal Temple Worship Service||001 & 002||Sunday 9am-12pm||Albert Rwagasore|
0469 404 208
|Chinese Christian Church||010||Sunday 9am-1pm||Drop-In Session|
|Streams International Mentorship Program||001||Sunday 4pm-7pm||Michael Hayford|
0420 817 014
Got a question about uni, faith or friends?
Just need someone to talk to?
The University Chaplain is based in Townsville and is available on campus during semesters to assist you in making it through. Appointments are available, otherwise you may drop-in to the Townsville Chaplaincy Centre during the Chaplain's operating hours. Phone and video appointments are also available for students and staff located in Cairns who would like support.
|Phone||(+61) 7 4781 5447|
Building 131, Douglas Campus
Book our facilities – Cairns
The Cairns JCU Multifaith Chaplaincy Prayer Room, located in Room A4.032.2, does not require booking.
However, if you would like to book a larger room for a spiritual or religious activity, please contact the Chaplain at email@example.com to discuss potential options.
Book Our Facilities – Townsville
All rooms are air-conditioned and provide a quiet place for prayer, reflection, meditation, group activities and one-to-one conversations.
Suitable for group activities, meditation, mentoring and training. Contains a white board, table and chairs.
Suitable for small group discussions. Contains several couches.
Round Table Room
Suitable for small group discussions/facilitation (e.g. conflict resolution group). Contains a small table and chairs.
Suitable for one-to-one conversations (e.g. with a Visiting Chaplain), personal meditation and reflection.
Submit your request to use our facilities at the Townsville Campus Multifaith Chaplaincy.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture