How to apply
- Check your eligibility for a Higher Degree by Research at JCU (HDR Requirements Clause 1.1).
- You will need a research project and an Advisory Panel before submitting an application. Please Search for Projects, and view the Register of Advisors to assist you with this. Alternatively you could submit an expression of interest for a Higher Degree by Research.
- Make contact with your preferred Advisors to confirm they agree to take on the role. Simply approach them by email. See 'How To Contact A Potential PhD Supervisor' for tips.
- Once your prospective Advisors have agreed to take on the role, complete APP-FORM-01 Higher Degree by Research Application Form (.docx)(.pdf) and ensure that you have your other documents ready.
- Select your course from the Research Degrees page. Go to 'Apply Now' on the course webpage and follow prompts for the online application process under 'My Course Applications.'
- If you indicate that you wish to be considered for a scholarship, you will be considered for all the Postgraduate Research Scholarships for which you are eligible, starting from that of the highest value. More information on scholarships is at Postgraduate Research Scholarships Page. (Note: If you are already enrolled in or have already applied for the course you wish to have a scholarship for, please indicate that by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach any updated documentation listed below.)
- Send the link for submission of Referee Reports to your two nominated referees. These should be referees who are able to provide information about you in an academic or professional context, such as previous research advisors/supervisors, lecturers, teachers or employers.
- APP-FORM-01 Higher Degree by Research Application (.docx)(.pdf)
- Transcripts and testamurs for all qualifications completed or currently underway
- Proof of citizenship or residency in the form of a passport, birth certificate or visa
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- JCU Scholarship Publication Table
- Professional Experience Form
- AIMS@JCU Application Coversheet
- Details of any cotutelle or external funding arrangements