You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- One Search
- A-Z Databases
Books, DVDs & More
- Subject LibGuides
- Past Exams
- Research Online @ JCU
Visiting the Library
- Open Access Resources
- Subject LibGuides
Online Information Skills Training
- Endnote LibGuide
- The Learning Centre
- Referencing LibGuide
- Annotated Bibliography
- Literature Reviews
Interlibrary Loans & Document Supply
- Off Campus Library Service
Copying, Printing, Binding & Laminating
Group Study Rooms
Improving the Library
- Client Service Charter
- Social Media, Suggestions & Feedback
- Opening Hours
Library and Information Services Client Service Charter
The purpose of this charter is to communicate the standards of service you can expect from the JCU Library and how you can help to improve services.
What we do
Library and Information Services provides knowledge services to support the University’s high quality education and world-class research through innovative discovery and access to:
- information resources, scholarly and cultural collections;
- learning facilities, and
- library and research services in the physical and virtual environments.
A more detailed description of the Library’s services, resources and training can be found at the Library web site.
This service charter guided by the values and beliefs as set out in the University’s Statement of Strategic Intent.
As a Library, we are also guided by these values:
- We encourage the process of learning and the life of the mind.
- We celebrate discourse and discovery.
- We anticipate and contribute to scholarly inquiry.
- We promote the Library as both a virtual and physical learning community.
- We embrace our role as collectors and custodians of the intellectual record.
- We offer an environment that supports creativity, flexibility, and collaboration.
- We develop services to meet the research, teaching and learning needs of our users.
- We evolve to meet the changing information environment.
- We maintain a comfortable, welcoming and secure place for study, research, work, reflection and interaction.
- We provide an environment that is inclusive and diverse.
- We recognise the importance of Library-wide participation.
- We reach out to our user communities.
- We share information and solicit opinions about library services and resources.
Who uses our services
Our services are provided primarily to JCU students and staff; and to other libraries. Other users include: prospective students and staff; JCU alumni; the community; the University’s partners, and other stakeholders.
What we will do and what we ask you to do
Library and Information Services staff will:
We ask you to:
How we measure our performance
The Library conducts client satisfaction surveys on a regular basis and reports back on actions taken. Our performance is measured against a set of Operating Performance Targets (OPT) monitored by Library management. We also use a comprehensive set of statistics reported to the Council of Australian University Librarians to benchmark our performance against other university libraries.
How you can assist us to improve library services
You can provide constructive feedback including: