Library and Information Services Client Service Charter
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Cyclone Testing Station
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Connect
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- InfoSkills Toolkit
- Subject Guides
- 'How To' Guides
- Referencing Library Guide
- Endnote Library Guide
- LinkedIn Learning
- Copyright - About the JCU Copyright section
- Copyright Officer for the University
- For Undergraduate Students
- For Postgraduate Students
- For Lecturers
- Copyright - Fair Dealing
- ePortfolios & Copyright
- Copyright, the Internet and Music
- Copyright - Creative Commons
- Copyright - Creating Works
- Copyright Warning Notices for Staff
- Copyright Acronyms and Terminology
- ResearchOnline@JCU - Copyright
- Helpful Copyright Links and Resources
- Library FAQs
- Borrow and Renew
- Your Library account
- Interlibrary Loans & Document Supply
- Print and Copy
- Study Rooms
- I am a
- Special Collections
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Strategic Procure to Pay
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
The purpose of this charter is to communicate the standards of service you can expect from the JCU Library and how you can help to improve services.
What we do
Library and Information Services provides knowledge services to support the University’s high quality education and world-class research through innovative discovery and access to:
- information resources, scholarly and cultural collections;
- learning facilities, and
- library and research services in the physical and virtual environments.
A more detailed description of the Library’s services, resources and training can be found at the Library web site.
This service charter guided by the values and beliefs as set out in the University’s Statement of Strategic Intent.
As a Library, we are also guided by these values:
- We encourage the process of learning and the life of the mind.
- We celebrate discourse and discovery.
- We anticipate and contribute to scholarly inquiry.
- We promote the Library as both a virtual and physical learning community.
- We embrace our role as collectors and custodians of the intellectual record.
- We offer an environment that supports creativity, flexibility, and collaboration.
- We develop services to meet the research, teaching and learning needs of our users.
- We evolve to meet the changing information environment.
- We maintain a comfortable, welcoming and secure place for study, research, work, reflection and interaction.
- We provide an environment that is inclusive and diverse.
- We recognise the importance of Library-wide participation.
- We reach out to our user communities.
- We share information and solicit opinions about library services and resources.
Who uses our services
Our services are provided primarily to JCU students and staff; and to other libraries. Other users include: prospective students and staff; JCU alumni; the community; the University’s partners, and other stakeholders.
What we will do and what we ask you to do
Library and Information Services staff will:
We ask you to:
How we measure our performance
The Library conducts client satisfaction surveys on a regular basis and reports back on actions taken. Our performance is measured against a set of Operating Performance Targets (OPT) monitored by Library management. We also use a comprehensive set of statistics reported to the Council of Australian University Librarians to benchmark our performance against other university libraries.
How you can assist us to improve library services
You can provide constructive feedback including: