You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
About Us: Space Planning, Timetabling and Room Bookings
- Campus Maintenance
Newsletters & Reports
- About Us
- Contact Us
Cairns Master Plan 2018
The Cairns Masterplan Refresh project aims to enable the realization of JCU’s strategic intent and vision through a physical development framework. The refresh project will enhance and build on the existing 2010 Cairns masterplan to deliver an agile, sustainable, digitally enabled, student centric campus that engages with its unique tropical setting and local industries.
Since the formation of the 2010 Cairns Campus masterplan, several key initiatives have come to realisation including:
- a new campus main entrance with public transport corridor and bus station (Panguna Street);
- a new boulevard connecting Panguna Street to the campus ring road;
- Student accommodation on the MacGregor Road frontage;
- Centre of Excellence (The Cairns Institute – TCI); and
- Design has commenced on the $30M Cairns Innovation Centre (CIC) which will be constructed adjacent to the TCI through 2018/19.
The Masterplan Refresh will be a catalyst for incubating strategic partnerships with stakeholders whom identify with the strategic intent of the University, diversify and strengthen JCU’s position as one of the world’s top universities based on 2016 assessments by one of the world’s leading ranking systems (ARWU).