Estate Space, Timetabling and Room Bookings
Space, Timetabling and Room Bookings
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Campus Services
- Space, Timetabling and Room Bookings
- Campus Planning
- Campus Maintenance
- Newsletters & Reports
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Space and Information Management Team
The space and information management team supports Estate Directorate and University activities through:
- Administration of the Integrated Workplace Management System (FM:Interact).
- Administration of the Computerised Maintenance Management System (MEX).
- Management of all University space use including workspace allocation approval processes and records.
- Coordination of refurbishment activities including learning spaces and student study areas.
- Space planning to meet both immediate changes within units and long-term objectives of the University.
- Delivery of accurate spatial data and analysis – used for a range of projects and planning activities.
The Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS), currently FM:Interact, represents the single source for all University space data. The IWMS connects to and supports a range of University information systems and processes. It is the central repository of information relating to University owned and leased space, on all campuses.
The Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS), currently MEX, provides a central maintenance management tool that is used by all University staff to report issues or request assistance from the Estate Directorate. The CMMS is also used to enhance the ability of the Estate Directorate to conduct strategic asset and life-cycle maintenance planning.
Timetable and Room Bookings Team
The Timetable and Room Bookings Team provides a range of services to the University community, centring around the coordination, production and publication of the class Timetable, as well as training of College Timetable Representatives and managing internal and external room booking requests across Townsville, Cairns, Mount Isa and Mackay.
The Timetable and Room Bookings Team provides the following services to the University community:
- coordinating the production and publication of the class Timetable
- providing training in the use of Timetabling software to College Timetable Representatives
- management of ad hoc internal and external room bookings in centrally controlled teaching spaces and university meeting rooms
- Timetabling and Room Bookings
For more information on Timetabling and Room Bookings at JCU, visit the Timetable and Room Bookings website