Internal Room Bookings
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Cyclone Testing Station
- The Centre for Disaster Studies
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Campus Services
- Space, Timetabling and Room Bookings
- Campus Planning
- Information for Contractors
- Campus Maintenance
- Newsletters & Reports
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Financial and Business Services Office
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Connect
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- JCU Turtle Health Research
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Virtual Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to university
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- State of the Tropics
- Strategic Procure to Pay
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Student profiles
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
COVID-19 Contact Tracing
From the 19th July 2021, the University will be applying a ‘Check In Qld QR Code’ to all meeting rooms and teaching spaces across all campuses.
Staff and students will be required to download the ‘Check In Qld App’ and check-in to all locations that display the ‘Check In Qld QR Code’.
For more information about the ‘Check In Qld App’, visit the Queensland Government website via the following link:
Staff booking a room will be considered the host of that booking.
The host will be required to ensure all attendees have checked in via the ‘Check In Qld App’. All people should continue to observe physical distancing to the extent possible, regular washing of hands and avoiding handshaking.
If staff are booking a room on behalf of another staff member, please advise the JCU Timetable Team the host name and contact details for that booking. Not all meeting rooms contain cleaning products so staff may choose to bring their own. Meeting rooms will be cleaned in accordance with the normal cleaning routine. Cleaning of small local administrative rooms such as break out rooms will be the responsibility of that unit.
Internal Room Bookings (Staff)
JCU Staff should refer to the Room Booking Guide and Room Booking Principles for all non-teaching ad hoc bookings of meeting rooms and common teaching rooms.
Staff are able to view bookable locations via the JCU Room Viewer tool.
All teaching activities must be timetabled through JCU Timetable Representatives via your Academic Services Teams.
Internal Room Bookings (Students)
Students who wish to book a bookable location on one of JCU Campus's, need to do so through their Colleges or through the JCU Student Association if they're affiliated. Room booking requests for students are not to be sent directly to the JCU Timetable Team for action.
Room Booking Guide
Room Booking Principles
- All active video conference locations are available for booking by request in the WRB, as per Department details in the location description.
- All active non video conference meeting rooms are available for immediate booking in the WRB, as per Department details in the location description.
- All active teaching locations are available for booking by request in the WRB.
- Dual purpose locations i.e. classrooms/meeting rooms have been classified to their primary purpose.
All teaching rooms (with the exception of some specialised labs) can be requested through the 2021 WRB after the relevant Teaching Period Timetable has been published, refer to the following publication dates:
- Teaching Period One Timetable (Study Periods 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 81, 82, 83 & 84 and Trimesters 1 & 2) will be published annually in November the year prior
- Teaching Period Two Timetable (Study Periods 2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 85 & 86 and Trimester 3) will be published annually in June
If your booking request for a teaching room falls on a date where the Teaching Period Timetable is yet to be published, your booking will be cancelled and you will be required to submit your booking request after the relevant Teaching Period Timetable has been published.
If your booking request is for an important or large event, please contact the JCU Timetable Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Note: a VPN connection is required if you wish to access Web Room Booker when working off-campus
Bookable Locations Key
About Central Plaza
Central Plaza is an open public space that will connect The Science Place, the future Townsville Innovation Complex, and other areas of the campus.
The Plaza is the centrepiece of a network of public spaces reshaping the Bebegu Yumba Campus.
The Plaza features a distinctive curved roof design that appears to change shape when viewed from different perspectives, with the underside of the canopy featuring a giant artwork.
Booking Central Plaza
Below are links to Central Plaza Information Sheet, BBQ Care and Maintenance fact sheet and information about the design concept from Megan Cope.