Internal Room Bookings
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Campus Services
- Space, Timetabling and Room Bookings
- Information for Consultants and Contractors
- Major Project Information
- Townsville Campus Master Plan
- Cairns Master Plan 2019
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Burketown MICRRH Remote Housing
- Information for Contractors
- Campus Maintenance
- Newsletters & Reports
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- MACRO New
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Tropical Queensland Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
COVID-19 Staff Tracing
To ensure the University is adhering to the Queensland Health and Australian Government social distancing guidelines, room capacities have been adjusted.
Staff booking a room will be considered the host of that booking. They will be required to maintain an attendance register and be responsible for ensuring adherence to current social distancing requirements. If staff are booking a room on behalf of someone else, please advise the JCU Timetable Team the host name and contact details for that booking. Not all meeting rooms contain cleaning products so staff may choose to bring their own. Meeting rooms will be cleaned in accordance with the normal cleaning routine.
COVID-19 Reduced Location Capacity Adjustments
To ensure the University is adhering to Government social distancing guidelines, room capacities have been adjusted as endorsed by the University Executive. Please refer to the Bookable Locations when booking a room to check if it is an active bookable location and to ensure it can hold the expected number of attendees.
Internal Room Bookings (Staff)
JCU Staff should refer to the Room Booking Guide and Room Booking Principles for all non-teaching adhoc bookings of meeting rooms and common teaching rooms.
All teaching activities must be timetabled through College Timetable Representatives located in the Academic Services Teams.
Room Booking Guide
Room Booking Principles
- All active meeting rooms are available in the WRB for booking by ALL JCU STAFF. Exceptions only to Executive meeting rooms/offices 001-315, 001-330 & A002-204.
- All active video conference locations are available for booking by request in the WRB, as per Department details in the location description.
- All active non video conference meeting rooms are available for immediate booking in the WRB, as per Department details in the location description.
- All active teaching locations are available for booking by request in the WRB.
- Dual purpose locations ie. classrooms/meeting rooms have been classified to their primary purpose.
Bookable Locations Key
All teaching rooms (with the exception of some specialised labs) can be requested through the 2021 WRB after the relevant Teaching Period Timetable has been published, refer to the following publication dates:
- Teaching Period One Timetable (Study Periods 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 81, 82, 83 & 84 and Trimesters 1 & 2) will be published annually in November the year prior
- Teaching Period Two Timetable (Study Periods 2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 85 & 86 and Trimester 3) will be published annually in June
If your booking request for a teaching room falls on a date where the Teaching Period Timetable is yet to be published, your booking will be cancelled and you will be required to submit your booking request after the relevant Teaching Period Timetable has been published.
If your booking request is for an important or large event, please contact the JCU Timetable Team by emailing email@example.com.
Staff can view meeting and teaching room floor plans and photos through Move Management.
Important Note: a VPN connection is required if you wish to access the Timetable system when working off-campus.
Internal Room Bookings (Students)
Students who wish to book a bookable location on one of JCU Campus's, need to do so through their Colleges or through the JCU Student Association if they're affiliated. Room booking requests for students are not to be sent directly to the JCU Timetable Team for action.