Contractor Registration and Induction
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Campus Services
- Space, Timetabling and Room Bookings
- Campus Planning
- Information for Contractors
- Campus Maintenance
- Newsletters & Reports
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Contractor Registration and Induction
All contractors must be registered and compliant in the University’s contractor management system prior to commencing work with JCU. This system is used to ensure contracted companies are aware of, and maintain compliance with, JCU and legislative requirements.
Registration and Induction
Prior to working with JCU, your organisation must complete the registration process which requires the following:
- Assign a Company Administrator (an invitation to register will be sent to the Company Administrator), who will be responsible for:
- Creating an account and verify your company name and ABN.
- Completing JCU Contractor Registration Form and uploading:
- Related documentation
- Company insurances (as related to the works being done, as stated in the relevant contract documentation).
- JCU will then review your registration information and either approve your company or request further information.
- Once your company is approved, the Company Administrator will be notified and will then be required to issue passwords to employees and subcontractors for them to access and complete the mandatory Construction & Maintenance Contractor Workers Health and Safety online induction course.
- Only inducted staff and subcontractors from compliant companies are able to sign in on campus.
- All contractors and subcontractors must sign in and out every day.
The following documents will be required from all contractors
|Work Cover Registration Certificate||Sole traders must provide evidence of exception|
|Professional Indemnity Insurance||Sole traders only|
|Personal Injury Insurance||Sole traders only|
|Public Liability Insurance||Minimum required|
|Safe Work Method Statement||Examples of SWMS|
Companies may become non-compliant in our system due to expired documentation and will be unable to continue work until the issue has been rectified.
Staff and subcontractors will be required to redo their inductions every three years.
Notifications regarding expiration's will be sent to the company’s nominated Administrator. Please make sure to keep your company contact details up to date to ensure emails are being sent to an appropriate mailbox.
If you require any technical assistance, please contact the Rapid Induct Client Services Team on 1800 307 595, 8.30am - 6pm (AEST) Monday - Friday, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long with the induction take to complete?
- The online induction will take appropriately 30 minutes to complete
- How often do I need to redo the induction?
- Inductions must be refreshed every three years to remain current.
- I can’t remember my password?
- You will need to make contact with your company contractor administrator
- Will I be required to complete an on-site induction?
- Yes, on site inductions will be completed by the JCU Representative or manager for that area of works