Within the College of Business, Law and Governance (CBLG) we teach and research to build and support strong and effective communities, industry and civil society. Everything we do is guided by three commitments:
- Meaning – A life-worth living – for every graduate, staff member and stakeholder
- Service – connecting people to communities
- Opportunity – meeting today’s challenges for a brighter future
College research focuses on and provides leadership in:
- Improving the management and governance of tropical ecosystems, conservation priorities and the impacts of climate change;
- Enhancing the viability and sustainability of industries and economies in the tropics;
- Understanding and adding value to the wellbeing of peoples and societies in the tropics; and
- Management and governance of tropical health, medicine and biosecurity.
Within these four areas, there are specific research strengths in four areas as shown in the diagram below. Research in these areas is transdisciplinary in its nature.