- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
LearnJCU Help Guides
- Troubleshooting Access
- Assessment Advice
- Collaborate - Online Classes
- PebblePad - ePortfolios
- Mediasite - Lecture Videos
- Respondus - Online Exams
- Discussion Boards
- Class Conversations
- Group Conversations
- Access Alternative Formats
- Mobile Learning Apps
- Learning Online
- Known Issues
- LearnJCU Support
- Special Sign In
- LearnJCU Login
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
JCU takes an educative approach to academic integrity and has launched a new Coursework Academic Integrity Policy and Procedure in January 2021. Please familiarise yourself with the policy and procedures, in particular your responsibilities as a student.
Declaration and Statement of Authorship
When submitting an assignment in LearnJCU you will be prompted to agree to the "Declaration and Statement of Authorship".
Screenshot of 'Declaration and Statement of Authorship' from LearnJCU assignment submission area.
Which reads as:
Declaration and Statement of Authorship
This assessment is my original work, and no part was copied/reproduced from any other person’s work or any other source, without attribution. This original work adheres to group assessment rules and was not written for me by any other person. I have not submitted any part of this assessment previously and received a grade.
Build your assignment below. You can add text, images and files.
Agree and Add Content (button)
How to submit an assignment in LearnJCU Ultra
Assessment tasks instructions
Specific instructions for each subject's assessment tasks can be found in your 'Subject Outline'. Your subject coordinator will often place your Subject outline in the first folder of your Subject Content.
- Expand the assessment folder in your subject content and click on the assessment task you wish to submit.
- A side panel will open. Click on the 'View assessment' button (at the bottom of panel). This will open your assessment task, with description, instructions and submission area.
- Click on the 'Add content' button in the submission area to bring up an editor text box where you will submit your assignment.
- Click on 'Insert Local Files' (paperclip icon) in the text editor toolbar.
- Browse your file locations and select your assessment, click 'Open', rename it if you like, then click 'Save'.
- Once you see your file in the submission box, and you have checked everything is ready to go, click the 'Submit' button.
- Be sure to check your lecturers instructions for each assessment. In most cases you will be asked to submit a file rather than typing your content straight into the submission box. This helps the lecturer in marking and providing feedback on your assignment.
Note: Attempt is counted when you click on 'Submit' not 'View assessment'. When you exit the assessment item without submitting, the status of your assessment will be 'Draft saved on xx/xx/xxxx'.
How to name files
- Subject Code - Assessment Number - Surname (Example: MX1001_AssessmentTask2_Smith)
- Avoid using symbols or spaces, for example: SS0000 Assessment 1 Smith
Special consideration due to extenuating circumstances
When things don't go to plan and you need to request special consideration for an assessment due to extenuating circumstances, you now have ONE smart application form to cover ALL scenarios.
The application form covers:
- Requesting an assessment reschedule
- Requesting an assignment extension
- Notification of a missed Lab/Prac/Class
- Requesting an exam deferral
- Notification of an adverse impact for a completed assessment (formerly known as Special Consideration)
Visit the Special Consideration Procedure for more information
Link to application form coming soon.