You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
- Known Issues
Special Sign In
- Log in to LearnJCU
What is Plagiarism?
Plagiarism occurs when writers claim ownership of written words or ideas that are not their own.
It is a form of cheating and any instances of plagiarism will be dealt with promptly according to University procedures.
- JCU Student Academic Misconduct Requirements Policy
- Definition of self plagiarism, go to JCU Learning, Teaching and Assessment
Note: policy statement 5.9 in regard to submission of one’s own work that has been previously submitted for assessment and received a grade.
Assessment cover sheets
When submitting a copy of your assignment, be sure to attach a cover sheet.
Cover sheets for you to use:
How to submit an assignment in LearnJCU Ultra
Assessment tasks instructions
Specific instructions for each subject's assessment tasks can be found in your 'Subject Outline'. Your subject coordinator will often place your Subject outline in the first folder of your Subject Content.
Step-by-step version (alternative to watching the video)
- Expand the assessment folder in your subject content and click on the assessment task you wish to submit.
- A side panel will open. Click on the 'View assessment' button (at the bottom of panel). This will open your assessment task, with description, instructions and submission area.
- Click on the 'Add content' button in the submission area to bring up an editor text box where you will submit your assignment.
- Click on the arrow beside the '+' sign. A dropdown menu will appear giving you with 3 options to upload your file: 'Insert Local Files', 'Insert Web Content', 'Insert from Cloud Storage'.
- Browse your file locations and select your assessment, click 'Open', rename it if you like, then click 'Save'.
- Once you see your file in the submission box, and you have checked everything is ready to go, click the 'Submit' button.
- Be sure to check your lecturers instructions for each assessment. In most cases you will be asked to submit a file rather than typing your content straight into the submission box. This helps the lecturer in marking and providing feedback on your assignment.
Note: Attempt is counted when you click on 'Submit' not 'View assessment'
Suggestions on how to name attached assessment files
- Subject Code - Assessment Number - Surname (Example: MX1001_AssessmentTask2_Smith)
- Avoid using symbols or spaces, for example: SS0000 Assessment 1 Smith
Special consideration: When experiencing difficulties that affect your exam
If you experience difficulties or serious circumstances before or up to the day of your exam, which you believe may affect your ability to sit the exam successfully or perform at your best, you can apply for special consideration in the marking of your exam.
For further information, visit policy 'Special Consideration, Supplementary, Deferred and Special Examinations Requirements'
Deferred: When unable to attend an exam due to extenuating circumstances
If you are unable to attend an exam at the scheduled time due to extenuating circumstances/circumstances beyond your control, you may apply for a deferred exam. Deferred exams are granted in exceptional circumstances such as severe medical conditions or family or personal trauma.
For further information, visit Exams and Results.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture